Thread: Windows XP vs Windows 7

Windows XP vs Windows 7

hi,
    i have Processor:AMD turion 64 ML -34 processor
    Laptop make: Acer aspire 5004
    It has onboard graphics card (SIS 760 GX) with 1.5gb of ram....
    Please help me to find why new windows 7 is better otherwise i would have to revert back to XP..

re: Windows XP vs Windows 7

hi,
    i have the following point to clear that win 7 is much better than windows xp
    • Install OS - Time it takes to install the OS
    • Boot up - Average boot time to usable desktop
    • Shut down - Average shut down time
    • Move 100MB files - Move 100MB of JPEG files from one hard drive to
      another
    • Move 2.5GB files - Move 2.5GB of mixed size files (ranging from 1MB to 100MB) from one hard drive to another
    • Network transfer 100MB files - Move 100MB of JPEG files from test machine to NAS device

hi,
    i had run those win 7 and come to the conclusion that Win7 installs faster than XP.

just like when XP first came out. a machine built for 98 was really not for running XP.. to now.. a machine built for XP does not run well with Vista.. only a machine built for Vista runs vista better than XP.

So my machine would actually run XP better since I'm not using Quad and 4 gigs of ram.

But looks like win7 will run on an E-machine better than WinMe

looks like 7 will be the best one yet!!

Windows 7 seems ready to deliver just that - a fast, reliable, relatively easy to use platform for your hardware and software.

source : zdnet

Quote Originally Posted by Walsh View Post
    hi,
    i have Processor:AMD turion 64 ML -34 processor
    Laptop make: Acer aspire 5004
    It has onboard graphics card (SIS 760 GX) with 1.5gb of ram....
    Please help me to find why new windows 7 is better otherwise i would have to revert back to XP..
    Walsh, as a general rule, NEVER install a brand new platform unless you want to grow gray hair before the time comes. You must always wait an average of 2 years to find out how it runs overall, especially in the case of Windows which is never tested out properly before being marketed.

We heard the same story with Vista. Remember how terrific it was supposed to be? It was so terrific that a Senior Vice-President of Microsoft publicly apologized for Vista on October 26, 2008.

It was the same for Millemium (actually the worst version of Windows ever produced). How about NT4 which required 7 or 9 sp's (including one in order to repair the damages caused by one of the previous sp's)?

Now we hear the same crap about Win7. Maybe it's an excellent product, but let the gurus run it for some time first and, after a year or two, we can ask them for a sound and honest opinion. Remember it took 5 or 6 years for xp to run smoothly. And it's still full of loopholes for malicious programs to go through.

Don't forget that Win7 was scheduled for 2010 but Microsoft is so disappointed in low Vista revenues and its deservedly poor reputation, that they want to make up for it and release Win7 to make up for their losses at our expense, without waiting to iron out its deficiencies.

So, if you have an XP-sp2 or sp3 which runs properly and there is no particular item in Win7 which you absolutely require today, keep XP. Otherwise, you'll be sorry.
    Last edited by Gswiss; 19-05-2009 at 07:24 PM.

Re: Windows XP vs Windows 7

Thank for your suggestion Gswiss, I have also tried out installing windows 7 as it was new and heard some good features in it, no doubt it also has the long life, but till now we were using win sp3 and some of the application really does not support in win 7 and for that you need to again go back to win xp, so now i have remove win 7 and carried all the way to win xp sp3..