Thread: reading rdb files in vista

reading rdb files in vista

I had and portable drive from which I am trying to recover some files on a windows Vista computer. my pc would not recognize the portable drive so I connected the drive to an windows XP pc and transfered the files, which I then moved to my new windows Vista computer. so now I have a bunch of .rdb files on my Vista computer and I can't figure out what software to use to extract the files. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dr. V Guest

Re: reading rdb files in vista

most probably this file would be related to following software
    • Wavelet video image files

• Netscape AIM chat file

• Retrospec backup files

• Nintendo 64 Rom file

did you remember using any of those programs from the list

oh yes it is the backup file created by harddrive software. I just cannot found out out how what software to use to extract the files on a Vista computer.

Dr. V Guest

From music and photos, to email and games, to schoolwork and tax returns, your PC contains all kinds of valuable information. What happens if you mistakenly delete or overwrite a file, a virus infects your computer, or your hard drive fails? With Retrospect Express HD 2.0, you won’t lose a thing.

Retrospect Express HD protects the contents of your PC by regularly making a backup copy and storing the backup on a second hard drive. It’s easy, fast, and exceptionally reliable.

Setup is a breeze. A wizard guides you through three quick steps: choose what to protect, select a hard drive to hold your backups, and set a schedule. That’s it! Retrospect Express HD protects your PC automatically. Have new photos you can’t afford to lose? Click the BACKUP button for immediate protection.

Express HD rapidly restores a file, a folder, or your entire hard drive. If you accidentally delete a file, simply select a previous backup and locate the missing information. Retrospect Express HD takes care of the rest. If a virus or new software installation wreaks havoc on your PC, don’t panic. Retrospect returns your entire computer to its exact state at a prior point in time. You don’t need to re-install applications, download updates, and personalize your settings. Retrospect does it all.

Key Features
    • Installs in minutes
    • Protects your Windows PC with unparalleled accuracy
    • Simplifies backup and restore with step-by-step wizard
    • Stores your backups on a local or networked hard drive
    • Backs up everything—files, applications, drivers, and your settings—or just critical files. You decide.
    • Schedules automatic backups or protects files immediately with the click of a button
    • Avoids long weekly full backups by capturing just new or changed data — forever
    • Restores a single file or an entire PC to a prior point in time
    • Keeps just the most current version or all past versions of your data
    • Backs up files in use, including Microsoft Outlook files
    • Removes outdated backups automatically to free disk space
    • Compresses backups to maximize storage
    • Enables easy backup drive rotation for extra protection

Download from Here