Thread: Memory Diagnostics Tool in Windows 7

Memory Diagnostics Tool in Windows 7

I am a windows 7 user. I am problem with my RAM,i guess its got corrupted so its not work properly So, i need to run the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool to test the RAM on my computer for errors. So i need your help for the same. Please make me know hoe can i run Memory Diagnostics Tool in Windows 7 ?

Re: Memory Diagnostics Tool in Windows 7

Its good decision to run Diagnostic tool, because usually, a replacement is needed to fix the problem, but before you replace your hardware, you should use the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool.To run it, follow this simple steps:-

• Click the Start button, type mdsched, and click on Windows Memory Diagnostic.
    • When the Windows Memory Diagnostic screen loads, click Restart now and check for problems
    • You computer will restart
    • The memory diagnostic will run and may take some time (or a crap-load of time depending on your patience!)
    • Windows will restart and report the errors if any.

Dr. V Guest

You can either do it from Windows Boot manager.Just boot into the Advanced Boot Options screen.While in the Advanced Boot Options screen, press the Esc key.While in the Windows Boot Manager screen, press the Tab key.With Windows Memory Diagnostics selected, press Enter. Now your computer will restart.

If errors are found, the Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool will attempt to determine which particular memory module in your computer is causing these errors. If that information is available, it will be stated in the results after you log on from the restart.