Thread: What are the differences between Mac and Linux?

What are the differences between Mac and Linux?

Is there any difference between Mac and Linux gives equal distro.Se which is the same language is used or which I believe ....
    There is a difference if I can add that you have to pay at least while I'm going to distribute of wandering without violating any law at least. (add gnu is not free) in linux is not free.

and that is repeatedly heard that Linux is good copy of mac and at least say that when I pass the link and read this forum

I may seem silly but if you can add differences.

thanks

Re: What are the differences between Mac and Linux?

yet there are many vulnerabilities by new versions of Mac OSX (Leopard) eg Safari Web browser as it leaves several ports open, but there are still so many intrusions or the Mac operating systems are still safe in comparison windows.

certainly can increase the security of Mac using Mozilla Firefox in terms of web browsing

Several differences,
    • Mac OSX is paid, GNU / Linux is free
    • Mac OSX is a pseudo microkernel, Linux is monolithic
    • Mac OSX is BSD kernel, Linux is written based on Minix (or a BSD)
    • Mac OSX runs on certain hardware (previously only sold to Apple, is now open for the x86 architecture, but just need some hardware), Linux (as a teacher of mine said) runs from a clock to the most powerful computers in the world.

I like linux because you have more freedom to use it to configure, install whatever you want, and do whatever you want in general.

And with regard to debian, which is the distribution that use the apt-get is just incredible, you can upgrade an entire system so comfortable, nor firefox updates on one side or the other of adobe reader, emule and all the software you may have. All are updated easily together without having to give anything.

I think that Apple only has to develop software for its architecture, this should make the software runs very well, besides having very powerful hardware.

Also do not forget that Apple was at a time merged with MICROSOFT, hence my friend Bill Gates copy your Windows graphical environment, where there were only 2 manufacturers of PCs with graphical environment, and XEROX APPLE

People who use the Mac platform just as we, like those who use Linux because it is the operating system that best meets our needs / expectations and with which we feel more comfortable. Just as many opt for Ubuntu, Red Hat, Mandrake, Suse, etc ... to name some of the most popular distributions, and they feel comfortable with the services they provide, so we used a system beyond fake mysticism and stereotypes oxidized gives us much more than simply the best design or the feeling of being more "cool."

I use an operating system that is free and can watch your code, see how it works and if I can do my work as I like, plus you can redistribute it freely, because I am "free" using GNU Linux. MAC can not, you lose your freedom, not its own operating system, is only one user with a license that says, "Only you can use it, and you can not distribute anything

It should also be clear that not all software on GNU Linux is free, but there are distributions like Ututo with software that is made completely free, today are practically few distributions that do not have any software.

Even within the same Torvals Linux kernel because of its software can not view source code