Thread: How to run and execute .exe file in Suse Linux Enterprise 11?

How to run and execute .exe file in Suse Linux Enterprise 11?

Hello friends. Greetings to all of you. I hope that you all have been doing well. Basically, I am new to linux and do not have much idea about it, hence thought to ask some experienced people out her. Basically, the thing is that can somebody let me know how to run and execute .exe file in Suse Linux Enterprise 11? I am hoping to see some good replies. Thanks in advance for the help as I really appreciate it on a very high note. Take Care.

Re: How to run and execute .exe file in Suse Linux Enterprise 11?

You may be able to run it using wine, depending on what the exe file is. Wine gives permission you to run Windows software on supplementary operating systems. With Wine, you are able to install and run these applications merely similar to Windows. Wine is even now below active development. Not each program works up till now, on the other hand there are before now numerous million people making use of Wine in order to run their software.

Hey companion, I would like to tell you that numerous Wine Binary downloads are available on the internet. CrossOver is a refined adaptation of Wine supplied by CodeWeavers. CrossOver creates it easier to employ Wine and CodeWeavers offers brilliant practical maintenance to its users. Each and every procurement of CrossOver are used to unswervingly fund the developers working on Wine. Consequently CrossOver is mutually a enormous technique to get hold up in using Wine and to hold the Wine Project.

Hello people. I am really obliged to see such quick and wonderful replies. To be very honest, I am completely blown away. Thanks a lot friends. I did not anticipate such superb answers. I did what was mentioned to above, however, at whatever time I try to install wine, I am able to see this error message; "Could not find the rpm-Package in Pool". What is this guys. Any help is really appreciated by me. Anyone, please reply. Take Care

Hey buddy, no need to thank and all. It is perfectly alright. In fact, good to see from your side that you are really updated with the things and checked the post again. Anyways, I would like to question you, what application are you trying to run? Just keep in mind, that Often there is a Linux resident application that is correspondent, on the odd occasion do you could do with wine for no matter which thing supplementary to the PC games. I hope my piece of information proves useful.

Hello friends, was just surfing the internet and came across the thread. Being aware of the things, I thought to share my information here. I would like to notify you that you may necessitate to append the accurate repository in order to get Wine installed. Unlike VMWare, Xen which imagine to be a computer, on which you then run the authentic Microsoft Windows as you will on a physical machine, Wine in its place just makes believe to be Windows, by supplying applications the Windows API and functions they use.