Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows 7 can't see other Partitions

Windows 7 can't see other Partitions

Hello guys,
    yesterday i installed the windows 7 on my PC . I have windows Vista on another partition (of 70 GB). I have installed windows 7 on my second partition of 50 GB. But the problem is that when booting into windows 7 partition from booth menu none of the other partitions are seen (vista partition) . Can anybody help me? why windows 7 not detecting other partitions.
    Thanks in advance.

Re: Windows 7 can't see other Partitions

Hello follow this:

Right click on "Computer" in windows 7, and select manage.

Then go to Disk management, and assign a drive letter to the drive you want to see.

Yeah you need to go into the partition manager (type in search bar) and assign them letters.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

What we think, we become (Please don't think you are a superhero and don't try to fly)

"SUCCESS IS NOT A DESTINATION , IT'S A JOURNEY"

thanks guys..it worked ...many many thanks

i click manage but error messege say you need to restart and i restarted my pc 1000000000000000 times and the same message
    also in the error messege it say that it needs update and i already did all updates what also i can do
    ????????help me please

I want to know whether you are administrator on your machine I mean to say that if you are not logged in with the admins account then try and do the same because sometimes the privileges are set in such a way that administrator only able to do it. So give it a try and then see whether the system asks you to restart it again or not.

yes im administrator in the machine
    theproblem that i had installed partition magic 8 and when i uninstall it the laptop restarted and no partitions found else c partitions
    i used acronis software it can see the partitions and i changed the letters of the partitions but in win7 enterprise there was no effect although from mini xp i can see the partitions and i can manage it but it doesnt have effect in win7
    ++i installed new win7 enterprise but also it see C partition only and i cant manage the other partitions
    what can i do?if you online tell me and log with teamviewer on me to mange it if you can
    thank you sir

Quote Originally Posted by theaubolgs View Post
    what can i do?if you online tell me and log with teamviewer on me to mange it if you can.
    Yeah No probs dude. But before that i would like to ask you, did you tried doing all these stuffs from Device Management? If not give a try. Hope you might be aware of the Device Management path as you sound technical. If still you get face the problem. Than PM me your Teamviewer ID/Pass and notify me here in this thread.

actually the problem increased
    because i setup the partition magic 8 again in windows and a messege appeared told me to restart options and its mandatory and i did
    then there was no ntldr found and i ddint see any partition to install my windows

When we get "no ntldr found" error on startup, the only solution i have seen at this point is re-installing the OS. I have faced this issue many times in my PCs, tried many thing to fix it but no succeeded. Only reformatting fixed it. So, i think you should go with the same. Hope the partition problem will also be fixed while doing this.

i succeeded to access C: partition but the other partitions now seems to be unlocated
    is it means that all data inside are lost?

Hi theaubolgs,

I think that you would be able to get your data back. The difficulty part is that because your partition allocation is so screwed up now it is hard to tell where to look. So before doing anything try a "Complete Format Recover" of the 60gb unallocated drive letter. After that try a "Complete File Search" of the 60gb unallocated space for specific file types. Lastly try a "Fast Format Recover" of the physical drive on which all these partitions were located.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

hello man im online now with my teamviewer can you come?
    my email is amrghate@yahoo.com contact me now if you online to send you my teamviewer info

Quote Originally Posted by theaubolgs View Post
    hello man im online now with my teamviewer can you come?
    my email is amrghate@yahoo.com contact me now if you online to send you my teamviewer info
    Sorry man, we dont provide such kind of services. But in the meanwhile, you need to create a partition ( New Simple Volume ) first. Or extend the partition immediately on the left to incorporate it, using Windows Disk Management. If you want to add the space to the C partition - you need a 3rd party partition manager.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

ok thanx any way for helping me
    but what 3rd parity program means?
    and what programs can recover the formatted partition?
    and my dvd partion can see the dvds inside and reads its names but cant show the data inside disks so what do u think?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast