Thread: XP SP3, more access to Safe Mode!!

XP SP3, more access to Safe Mode!!

I have a very big problem, I can not access to Windows, or to safe mode, or to my ...

GTA iV I installed on my PC (Thursday genuine), but when starting the game, I got an error message.
    So I went to see on the Internet what it signifiit, and it was apparently SP3 Windows XP PRO for the game to work.

So I downloaded via the Microsoft site SP3 and I installed (ISO file mounted with Daemon Tools).
    So far, no problem ...

But once the installation is complete, I had to restart the computer, the PC could not log saying that the license of Windows XP that I use has reached its limit validation ( I said that it was a pirated license).
    A message to me then enter a new key and to activate by phone from Microsoft.

Having no real key in hand, I restart the computer in command prompt to access the registry (regedit.exe). So I changed a registry key to try to change the key (other key pirated) by handling stated on the Microsoft site (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/328874), namely I deleted the first 2 characters to disable Windows (see step 5 of the previous link).
    But at the moment to indicate the new key, I still propose to activate my product by phone, that 'I can not do because of the key pirated ...

So I decided to restart computer to go into safe mode and try to make a System Restore to return to SP2, but it happens that this time I have access to safe mode, or the last good Known, and even worse, not even in normal startup mode, the screen stays black in 2 cases.
    Perhaps this is due to the fact that I deleted the first 2 characters of the key "OOBETimer" in the registry?

Last solution, I started from the CD of XP PRO to attempt a repair, but it does not repair (press R, I only access to the Recovery Console and press Enter, I can only reinstall XP, delete or format my score)
    So I abandoned this trick because I do not want to reformat and reinstall (I have data on the hard disk).

Then I installed my hard drive to another computer, and there is only one partition that appears in the workplace (when there are 3), and I did not even have access to back up my data , Windows only offers me to format the partition!

I would like to point out that time I bought a sticker that authentic is a key to activate Windows genuine and valid for me to activate it! But how to activate?

SUMMARY: I no longer have access to my data, THE COMPUTER WILL DO NOT START ANY RESTORATION IS POSSIBLE AND I DO NOT HAVE ACCESS TO Safe Mode!

WHAT TO DO?

Re: XP SP3, more access to Safe Mode!!

When you speak of 3 portions
    partition or logical?
    if the main, it may be, they are hidden.
    Therefore, a check!, and to actively if hidden

Thank you for your answer!

there are 1 partition where you installed XP PRO and 2 logical (or I have my pictures, music and videos).

But I'd like to retrieve other files (My Documents ...) on the partition, too!

or I can not offer me only one format.

Since I do not know if my partition are hidden, how do you score that are no longer?

Thank you again ...

Dr. V Guest

you can try using the Recovery Console