Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to Make A Bootable DVD for Windows Vista...??

How to Make A Bootable DVD for Windows Vista...??

Guys... need help... i have a windows vista DVD. but the problem is its not bootable & i need to make a fresh installation in a new hard-drive...!! please help...!! i made its image using different iso burner & dvd burner software... but all i ended up was wasting 8 dvds....!! i want to make a bootable dvd for windows vista... i'm ready to experiment a little as i have bought a Re-Writable DVD... guys plz help...!!

cool Re: How to Make A Bootable DVD for Windows Vista...??

• copy DVD contents to D Drive (ie: d:\Vista)
    • download cdimage.exe
    • copy cdimage.exe to ROOT drive of d:\
    • then use command prompt & change dir to d:\
    • type the following command "cdimage.exe -lVISTA_EN_DVD -m -u2 -bd:\Vista\boot\etfsboot.com d:\Vista\ d:\Vistax86.iso"
    • windows vista bootable requires UDF file system & the above command creates the iso image with UDF file system.
    • burn the iso to DVD restart & boot from the DVD
    • 100% working... Tested Already...!!

Re: How to Make A Bootable DVD for Windows Vista...??

Thanx! i'll try & give u the feed back. i really needed a short & simple explanation. here i have one. i owe u this! thanks once again!

Hey man! thanks a tonn! it worked! i was in such a need! You are a saviour! thanks once again.

Boy, only do this, if u are a geniune buyer & have purchased Windows Vista!

unsure Re: How to Make A Bootable DVD for Windows Vista...??

Quote Originally Posted by FaMe FacToR View Post
    • download cdimage.exe
    • type the following command "cdimage.exe -lVISTA_EN_DVD -m -u2 -bd:\Vista\boot\etfsboot.com d:\Vista\ d:\Vistax86.iso"
    • windows vista bootable requires UDF file system & the above command creates the iso image with UDF file system.
    dude how to change the directory in command promt to D and I have also a Question that Is where to put all the files (in D:\All Files or D:\Vista\All FIles) and what u used after "cdimage.exe - and before VISTA_EN_DVD -m -u2 -bd:\Vista\boot\etfsboot.com d:\Vista\ d:\Vistax86.iso"
    Last edited by muddasir; 12-08-2009 at 12:42 AM.

ThumbsUp Re: How to Make A Bootable DVD for Windows Vista...??

Quote Originally Posted by FaMe FacToR View Post
    • download cdimage.exe
    Thank you very much.
    It is working excellent.
    I followed that explanation with Windows 7 and work great.
    Thanks

Originally Posted by FaMe FacToR
    copy DVD contents to D Drive (ie: d:\Vista)
    download cdimage.exe
    copy cdimage.exe to ROOT drive of d:\
    then use command prompt & change dir to d:\
    type the following command "cdimage.exe -lVISTA_EN_DVD -m -u2 -bd:\Vista\boot\etfsboot.com d:\Vista\ d:\Vistax86.iso"
    windows vista bootable requires UDF file system & the above command creates the iso image with UDF file system.
    burn the iso to DVD restart & boot from the DVD
    100% working... Tested Already...!!

Hello,
    I was trying to do this for Win 7 according to your manual, I only changed name of the folder to win 7 instead so my command looked like : "cdimage.exe -lVISTA_EN_DVD -m -u2 -bd:\Win7\boot\etfsboot.com d:\Win7\ d:\Win7.iso"
    But after pressing enter I got a message : "VISTA_EN_DVD is not recognised as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file".

I also tried "cdimage.exe -lWIN7_EN_DVD -m -u2 -bd:\Win7\boot\etfsboot.com d:\Win7\ d:\Win7.iso" but still got the message."

Does anybody know what could be wrong ?
    Please help me. Thank You

Hey buddy, I don't know the actual problem you are getting but i can give you some link which will help you regarding the same. So go with it and see that it is working or not. Thank you
    [Windows 7] Bootable DVD
    How to Make A Bootable DVD for Windows 7

Johnjoe -

I came across the same error you did, and I though I would help out. I believe the problem we were having was that we thought the character before "VISTA_EN_DVD" was "|" (which is the shift of "\"). However, it is in fact the lower case letter L, as in "l". This is for the "label" scripting command. The characters look very similar, but I believe this will solve the problem, as it did solve my problem.

Quote Originally Posted by bhoff View Post
    Johnjoe -

I came across the same error you did, and I though I would help out. I believe the problem we were having was that we thought the character before "VISTA_EN_DVD" was "|" (which is the shift of "\"). However, it is in fact the lower case letter L, as in "l". This is for the "label" scripting command. The characters look very similar, but I believe this will solve the problem, as it did solve my problem.
    Hey mate, Thanks very much for sharing your findings! It really was as you said and it solved my problem !
    Thanks again, much appreciated, nobody else here was able to actually help, they just kept giving me link references to other topics at this forum which were useless!

After I have done this I got an ISO file. What software should I use, or what way should I burn it on DVD to make it bootable ? I tried to burn with integrated Win Vista burner but it didn't boot from it. It just gave me a message "Insert a a proper booting device, blah blah blah..."

Please don't give me references to other topics, either suggest a solution or dont respond, THANKS

I would use Nero burning ROM, Roxio CD (DVD) Creator, or Alcohol 120%. Any of these programs should let you burn the ISO to the blank disc without asking any questions. I'm sure there are several others, but once I found a few that worked, I stopped looking around, you know.

i see there are some recent posts so i hope this isn't fruitless

if you want to use the cmd prompt to create a bootable dvd for Windows 7 here you go:

create a folder in an empty drive and copy iso to folder (ie: d:\7)

download cdimage.exe

copy cdimage.exe to ROOT drive of d:\

then use command prompt & change dir to d:\ (by typing d

type the following command with no quotes "cdimage.exe -l"name_of_iso" -m -u2 -bD:\7\boot\etfsboot.com D:\7\ d:\"name_for_your_bootable_iso.iso""

this is assuming you're in drive D. if not replace it with another letter

that should work

ThumbsUp Re: How to Make A Bootable DVD for Windows Vista...??

hello,

first of all you have to install Nero express in your system .then open NERO EXPRESS then select COPY DVD option insert bootable dvd of vista. then after complete this coping process insert the BLANK DVD in to this drive and click on BURN option .
    thats it.

Hi, i found a tutorial how to do this with Imgburn, Win 7 or Vista. Works a treat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast