Thread: Hal.dll causing blue screen on windows 7

Hal.dll causing blue screen on windows 7

Hello everyone and I have installed windows 7 on my system and here everything looks working fine at start. I started adding all new games and software in the pc. I was using XP before. I had upgraded to Windows 7 to get more new features. Here after adding the new stuff my system crashed and restarted. I am getting a blue screen with some hal.dll and ntoskrnl.exe. What should I do to fix the problem.

It looks like unstable system. The best thing you must do is simply format your pc and install everything back again. It is no worth in troubleshooting those things. Your system is already crashing with blue screen. This time install things properly. Do not add unnecessary items. Your system will get slower and will crash more instantly if there is any incompatible files.

The error files that you had mentioned is associated with the hardware. You have to simply check your ram. You can download memtest. Burn that into a cd and scan your pc through that. If you get list of errors on your screen then it simply means you have damage ram stick. You will have to replace that. The second thing you can look for is damage driver files. This things also very commonly cause blue screen errors.

Re: Hal.dll causing blue screen on windows 7

Hi

I am having the same problem. The BSOD are related to ntoskrnl.exe and hal.dll. I have re-installed Windows and updated all drivers and windows drivers. The problem didn't go away. So I re-formatted and installed a fresh copy of Windows once again but this time I didn't install and windows updates. The system worked fine for a few days then after I update the problem is back. I therefore think its a compatability issue with one of the updates. How do I know which of the 84 updates it is though? I have also tested my memory overnight which is fine.

Re: Hal.dll causing blue screen on windows 7

Quote Originally Posted by craigmiles View Post
    Hi

I am having the same problem. The BSOD are related to ntoskrnl.exe and hal.dll. I have re-installed Windows and updated all drivers and windows drivers. The problem didn't go away. So I re-formatted and installed a fresh copy of Windows once again but this time I didn't install and windows updates. The system worked fine for a few days then after I update the problem is back. I therefore think its a compatability issue with one of the updates. How do I know which of the 84 updates it is though? I have also tested my memory overnight which is fine.
    The errors that you are getting could be also related to hardware issues and it is possible that you could have a lot of hardware BSOD that points to Intel processor driver or ram. So it is recommended to first of you would want to run some tests and report back the results.
    • Go to Memtest86 and test the RAM for 4-5 times.
    • Download a toold called Prime95 and try to run all two or three tests for some time.