Thread: Update Script for Backtrack 5

Update Script for Backtrack 5

I might not find an upgrade script to work with Backtrack 5 so I determined to do a job faster.
    Code:
    wget http://sickness.tor.hu/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/backtrack5_update.c backtrack5_update.c
    gcc -o backtrack5_update backtrack5_update.c

If you know more tools that could add to the script to update please feel free to post here.Also, if you find any bugs or have any suggestions feel free to contact me in this thread. I'll update the thread with each update of writing.

Re: Update Script for Backtrack 5

Following are commands needed to execute scripts
    Code:
    root@bt: wget http://sickness.tor.hu/wp-content/up...rack5_update.c
    root@bt: gcc -o backtrack5_update backtrack5_update.c
    Output'll be executable file
    root@bt: ./backtrack5_update

Hi, All I know is that I was excited to see the script ran without problems for instructions. Everyone seemed to run smoothly. I ran individually, but whatever. I finished the first, the update / clean.
    It was quiet too. I stand, torn in the morning and you boot a weird message. He looked around and / pentest gone and will not boot. I'm back up now and got a new clone. I will run again to see what happens, but I cannot explain what happened. I was sharing what happened to me.

Well, looked at the code. Obviously, not the source. Re built the system, blah blah I Guess he ran the update script restarts and the system was dead again .Somebody really does not want me running on the server. This is what I have - Warning! / Host / ubuntu / disks / uuid.Dropping to a shell .BusyBox v1.13.3 - shell built-in ASH .Finding this kind of information .but have not found a solution yet.i don’t know how can I fix

No adjustments. Backtrack 5 install NVIDIA driver updates. Reboot, all is well. Run scripts .I had a similar problem with dual boot and backtrack 4. Each update of the kernel, which would lose one of my boots and had to modify the GRUB menu to recover. I'll check if the ASUS G73 comes with a hidden partition FAT32 or something you can get on the road. I'm going back to the image today and see if I can do it again. Also, I'll get some logs. But at the interim boot, not a lot of available commands. I was able to do an ls and found that the directory pentest / gone. Rapid7 but my installations were still in the directory / option. I like the script and not want to make each hand, which is why I keep trying.

Just to update the script is perfect its nothing to do with the script I've been through it and reinstalled on a test machine and vmware and works great ,adjusted and removed files or Grub messed with OP please give the output when the machine starts. can solve this problem by booting from the USB and the setting of food in the Internet connection harddrive.regarding I have not had this problem, but it appears to be with wifi when its language that runs on wifi works perfect Most times, if I remember correctly increase the timeout in the script when connecting to Wi-Fi may take longer to go through and not a physical connection and can eventually timeout.

I just did a fresh install of Gnome in Virtual box x32 BT5, did a manual apt-get update & & apt-get dist-upgrade-y. After that, I downloaded the update script, compiled and updated all the programs. I worked like a charm! It's a very nice update-script he did there. And as I said in IRC, the source code is very easy to read and change. Really impressive work! I appreciate your efforts for guiding us to fix this problem.

hey i get this

Code:
    backtrack5_update.c:1: error: expected identifier or â(â before â<â token
    backtrack5_update.c:14:3: error: invalid preprocessing directive #page
    backtrack5_update.c:25:11: warning: character constant too long for its type
    backtrack5_update.c:25:28: warning: character constant too long for its type
    backtrack5_update.c:30: error: expected â)â before â(â token
    backtrack5_update.c:32:6: warning: character constant too long for its type
    backtrack5_update.c:34:32: warning: multi-character character constant
    backtrack5_update.c:36:19: warning: character constant too long for its type
    backtrack5_update.c:42: error: expected identifier or â(â before â<â token
    backtrack5_update.c:43:13: warning: character constant too long for its type
    backtrack5_update.c:44: error: stray â#â in program
    backtrack5_update.c:44:31: warning: character constant too long for its type
    backtrack5_update.c:45: error: expected identifier or â(â before â--â token
    backtrack5_update.c:64: error: stray â#â in program
    backtrack5_update.c:64: error: expected â=â, â,â, â;â, âasmâ or â__attribute__â                                                                              before âarmorâ
    backtrack5_update.c:65:16: error: invalid suffix "th" on integer constant
    backtrack5_update.c:68: error: stray â#â in program
    backtrack5_update.c:68: error: expected â=â, â,â, â;â, âasmâ or â__attribute__â                                                                              before âbeenâ
    backtrack5_update.c:72: error: stray â#â in program
    backtrack5_update.c:72: error: expected identifier or â(â before â<â token
    backtrack5_update.c:77: error: stray â#â in program
    backtrack5_update.c:77: error: expected â=â, â,â, â;â, âasmâ or â__attribute__â                                                                              before âappâ
    backtrack5_update.c:78:18: error: invalid suffix "rd" on integer constant
    backtrack5_update.c:85: error: stray â#â in program
    backtrack5_update.c:85: error: expected identifier or â(â before â<â token
    backtrack5_update.c:90: error: stray â#â in program
    backtrack5_update.c:90: error: expected â=â, â,â, â;â, âasmâ or â__attribute__â                                                                              before âAppâ
    backtrack5_update.c:91:18: error: invalid suffix "th" on integer constant
    backtrack5_update.c:99: error: stray â#â in program
    backtrack5_update.c:99: error: expected identifier or â(â before â<â token
    backtrack5_update.c:104: error: stray â#â in program
    backtrack5_update.c:104: error: expected â=â, â,â, â;â, âasmâ or â__attribute__â                                                                              before â<â token
    backtrack5_update.c:105:18: error: invalid suffix "th" on integer constant
    backtrack5_update.c:108: error: stray â#â in program
    backtrack5_update.c:108: error: expected â=â, â,â, â;â, âasmâ or â__attribute__â                                                                              before ânotâ
    backtrack5_update.c:112: error: stray â#â in program
    backtrack5_update.c:112: error: expected identifier or â(â before â<â token
    backtrack5_update.c:117: error: stray â#â in program
    backtrack5_update.c:117: error: expected â=â, â,â, â;â, âasmâ or â__attribute__â                                                                              before âOverflowâ
    backtrack5_update.c:118:18: error: invalid suffix "th" on integer constant
    backtrack5_update.c:121: error: stray â#â in program
    backtrack5_update.c:121: error: expected â=â, â,â, â;â, âasmâ or â__attribute__â                                                                              before ânotâ
    backtrack5_update.c:125: error: stray â#â in program
    backtrack5_update.c:125: error: expected identifier or â(â before â<â token
    backtrack5_update.c:130: error: stray â#â in program
    backtrack5_update.c:130: error: expected â=â, â,â, â;â, âasmâ or â__attribute__â                                                                              before âoverflowâ
    backtrack5_update.c:131:18: error: invalid suffix "th" on integer constant
    backtrack5_update.c:134: error: stray â#â in program
    backtrack5_update.c:134: error: expected â=â, â,â, â;â, âasmâ or â__attribute__â                                                                              before âstartedâ
    backtrack5_update.c:134: error: expected â=â, â,â, â;â, âasmâ or â__attribute__â                                                                              before âunreliableâ
    backtrack5_update.c:134: error: expected â=â, â,â, â;â, âasmâ or â__attribute__â                                                                              before âwhyâ
    backtrack5_update.c:134: error: expected â=â, â,â, â;â, âasmâ or â__attribute__â                                                                              before âpartâ
    backtrack5_update.c:135: error: stray â#â in program
    backtrack5_update.c:135: error: expected â=â, â,â, â;â, âasmâ or â__attribute__â                                                                              before âoverflowâ
    backtrack5_update.c:139: error: stray â#â in program
    backtrack5_update.c:139: error: expected identifier or â(â before â<â token
    backtrack5_update.c:145:18: error: invalid suffix "th" on integer constant
    backtrack5_update.c:148: error: stray â#â in program
    backtrack5_update.c:148: error: expected â=â, â,â, â;â, âasmâ or â__attribute__â                                                                              before â&â token
    backtrack5_update.c:148: error: stray â#â in program
    backtrack5_update.c:148: error: expected identifier or â(â before â,â token
    backtrack5_update.c:152: error: stray â#â in program
    backtrack5_update.c:152: error: expected identifier or â(â before â<â token
    backtrack5_update.c:157: error: stray â#â in program
    backtrack5_update.c:157: error: expected â=â, â,â, â;â, âasmâ or â__attribute__â                                                                              before âfuzzerâ
    backtrack5_update.c:158:18: error: invalid suffix "rd" on integer constant
    backtrack5_update.c:161: error: stray â#â in program
    backtrack5_update.c:161: error: expected â=â, â,â, â;â, âasmâ or â__attribute__â                                                                              before âstartâ
    backtrack5_update.c:165: error: stray â#â in program
    backtrack5_update.c:165: error: expected identifier or â(â before â<â token
    backtrack5_update.c:171:21: error: invalid suffix "th" on integer constant
    backtrack5_update.c:178: error: stray â#â in program
    backtrack5_update.c:178: error: expected identifier or â(â before â<â token
    backtrack5_update.c:184:20: error: invalid suffix "th" on integer constant
    backtrack5_update.c:191: error: stray â#â in program
    backtrack5_update.c:191: error: expected identifier or â(â before â<â token
    backtrack5_update.c:196: error: expected â=â, â,â, â;â, âasmâ or â__attribute__â                                                                              before âEntriesâ
    backtrack5_update.c:225:18: warning: character constant too long for its type
    backtrack5_update.c:225:59: warning: character constant too long for its type
    backtrack5_update.c:226:14: warning: character constant too long for its type
    backtrack5_update.c:226:55: warning: character constant too long for its type
    backtrack5_update.c:227:14: warning: character constant too long for its type
    backtrack5_update.c:227:55: warning: character constant too long for its type
    backtrack5_update.c:228:14: warning: character constant too long for its type
    backtrack5_update.c:228:55: warning: character constant too long for its type
    backtrack5_update.c:229:14: warning: character constant too long for its type
    backtrack5_update.c:229:55: warning: character constant too long for its type
    backtrack5_update.c:230:14: warning: character constant too long for its type
    backtrack5_update.c:230:55: warning: character constant too long for its type
    backtrack5_update.c:231:14: warning: character constant too long for its type
    backtrack5_update.c:231:55: warning: character constant too long for its type
    backtrack5_update.c:232:14: warning: character constant too long for its type
    backtrack5_update.c:232:55: warning: character constant too long for its type
    backtrack5_update.c:233:14: warning: character constant too long for its type
    backtrack5_update.c:233:55: warning: character constant too long for its type
    backtrack5_update.c:234:14: warning: character constant too long for its type
    backtrack5_update.c:234:55: warning: character constant too long for its type
    backtrack5_update.c:235:14: warning: character constant too long for its type
    backtrack5_update.c:235:55: warning: character constant too long for its type
    backtrack5_update.c:252:12: warning: character constant too long for its type
    backtrack5_update.c:253: error: stray â#â in program
    backtrack5_update.c:253:84: error: invalid digit "9" in octal constant
    backtrack5_update.c:253: error: expected â=â, â,â, â;â, âasmâ or â__attribute__â                                                                              before âBlogâ
    backtrack5_update.c:256: error: stray â#â in program
    backtrack5_update.c:256:53: error: invalid digit "9" in octal constant
    backtrack5_update.c:256: error: expected â=â, â,â, â;â, âasmâ or â__attribute__â                                                                              before âBlogâ
    backtrack5_update.c:257: error: stray â#â in program
    backtrack5_update.c:257:53: error: invalid digit "9" in octal constant
    backtrack5_update.c:257: error: expected â=â, â,â, â;â, âasmâ or â__attribute__â                                                                              before âBlogâ
    backtrack5_update.c:280:12: warning: character constant too long for its type
    backtrack5_update.c:291:13: warning: character constant too long for its type
    backtrack5_update.c:291:26: warning: multi-character character constant
    backtrack5_update.c:291: error: expected identifier or â(â before â)â token
    backtrack5_update.c:292: error: expected â=â, â,â, â;â, âasmâ or â__attribute__â                                                                              before âload_cmcâ
    backtrack5_update.c:293: error: expected identifier or â(â before âifâ
    backtrack5_update.c:293:29: warning: character constant too long for its type
    backtrack5_update.c:294: error: expected identifier or â(â before âelseâ
    backtrack5_update.c:295: error: expected identifier or â(â before â<â token
    any ideas?