Thread: TrustedInstaller on Vista

TrustedInstaller on Vista

I just bought, a new portable "turns" on Vista. I use quotation marks because in fact it does not really ...
    Indeed, the hard disk plow continuously for hours and hours ...
    I located the chunk of CPU, the trustedInstaller.exe
    So I followed the advice given for the disabled, but at reboot, the service was in "manual" mode (although I had previously chosen the option disabled), and it was still loaded, and just as greedy .
    Finally, I would say that my machine, brand new as it is, is simply unworkable!

What can I do to remove this process, because then I will eventually delete the file trustedinsaller.exe, left to suffer the mistakes and not being able to update the OS.

Thank you and long live Linux!

Re: TrustedInstaller on Vista

The account from which you made the transaction is a director? When you return in services and that you recognized that the service was damn TrustedInstaller manual, is what the service is already running (status: started) or is it a status arrested? if he is arrested in status, the scratches are not from there (I think it might be due to superfetch therefore it will also disable)

What you can do otherwise is to right click on trustedinstaller.exe, Security tab, you vires reading permissions for the system (and also for you) in the list of authorized users.

Keep us informed

At startup, this morning, the service is still in manual mode, although yesterday I had handed off mode.
    -That said, the service is started at this time. It is still in the process list, with 0% CPU activity.
    I have done all these manip admin as I am in any case the only user of the machine.
    The statute therefore, is not started or stopped, there was no information.

Superfetch is another service that you can also disable, he is supposed to improve the performance of Vista over time by making a "cache" of the more commonly used. This cache is stored at a specific location and is expected to improve performance, which is the case when the files on the hard disk is fragmented, but the price of a perpetual scratching and loss of velocity in many case.