Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Partitioning under Vista

Operating Systems

Old 29-12-2008

Partitioning under Vista

I recently purchased a new PC. I wanted to partition the HDD in a number of partitions, so I do not need to write data on the partition on which Vista is installed (in order to ensure speed, etc.)

Now Windows Vista can I not use more than 40GB ...

I'm through panel> Administrative Tools> Computer Management> disk management throughout the project.

I have selected the C drive to indicate size. That was with 40GB and now I can not reduce (it is filled 0). Now I have only 1 partition of 40GB and can no longer create?

How can I make more partitions and reduce the C drive?

Thanks

Old 29-12-2008

Re: Partitioning under Vista

You have probably a greater than 40 GB HD. When you install Vista for a partition of 40 GB mind and the rest you have not activated.

Type in searches: "computer management" and start it. Look for storage-> disk management or somewhere in a hard disk offline state. you must first activate, partitioning and formatting.
Old 29-12-2008

With this figure out where the other partitions have remained and possibly adapt to logical drives you need the extended partition to adapt.
http://www.partition-tool.com/personal.htm
Old 29-12-2008

Quote:
With this figure out where the other partitions have remained and possibly adapt to logical drives you need the extended partition to adapt.
partition-tool.com/personal.htm
Thanks! These are the partitions that I wanted to make! Easy program and many times better than Vista's own 'program' to partition.

Just for the sake of clarity, I have a 500GB drive and I wanted to partition. Through Windows of those 500 I could only pick up a new 40GB partition to do, nothing more. With that other program that was fine.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: ,