Thread: MSConfig

zafarR Guest

sad MSConfig

I ran msconfig and went to startup tab and unchecked "Firewall Connectivity Monitor". Now on every reboot/ startup i get a massage that the windonws has startedup in diagnostic startup or selected startup. When i click ok System Configuration Window opens up. When I click ok for that a mesage box comes up to ask for restart of exit and run. Please help me out with this niusence

smile Re: MSConfig

Quote Originally Posted by zafarR View Post
    I ran msconfig and went to startup tab and unchecked "Firewall Connectivity Monitor". Now on every reboot/ startup i get a massage that the windonws has startedup in diagnostic startup or selected startup. When i click ok System Configuration Window opens up. When I click ok for that a mesage box comes up to ask for restart of exit and run. Please help me out with this niusence
    Sure i will help you with that can you please attach the screen shot of the msg box and a little briefing of it ,if so that I would appreciate you.

Re: MSConfig

Have you tried Tried "Last Known Good Configuration" from the F8 startup selection screen?

Do a system restore from the earliest point before the time your son made that change.

Instructions:
    1. Open Start Menu -> All Programs -> System Tools -> System Restore
    2. Select Restore my computer from an earlier time.
    3. Click Next
    4. Choose the earliest date before your son changed msconfig.
    5. Click Next
    6. Read the Warnings and do anything you need to do.
    7. Click Next and let it work its magic.

Or

Go into Msconfig
    Start/Run.Type in Msconfig.Under the general tab select normal startup.You will be back in business.

Hi,
    What i would tell you is repeat the process again .... Use Backward Compatibility.....
    goto run >>> msconfig
    In the general tab select Selective startup click all the radio and check boxes under it also click "Use original boot.ini"and then click the APPLY button.
    Then reboot again ... check if it works.....

All the best.......

zafarR Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Crona View Post
    Sure i will help you with that can you please attach the screen shot of the msg box and a little briefing of it ,if so that I would appreciate you.
    how do i do that

zafarR Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rikken View Post
    Hi,
    What i would tell you is repeat the process again .... Use Backward Compatibility.....
    goto run >>> msconfig
    In the general tab select Selective startup click all the radio and check boxes under it also click "Use original boot.ini"and then click the APPLY button.
    Then reboot again ... check if it works.....

All the best.......
    that is what i have done and am in this problem

zafarR Guest

need Firewall Connectivity Monitor to go out of starup

Quite simple.... You have used msconfig, so everytime you restart the system you get a message "You have used the system configuration utility tomake changes...Blah blah blah.." All you have to do is, before you click on the "OK" Button, please check the option "Do not show this message again" and then hit OK. It should be fixed..

zafarR Guest

Quote Originally Posted by madhusudanan.p View Post
    Quite simple.... You have used msconfig, so everytime you restart the system you get a message "You have used the system configuration utility tomake changes...Blah blah blah.." All you have to do is, before you click on the "OK" Button, please check the option "Do not show this message again" and then hit OK. It should be fixed..
    Thanx a million