Thread: How to reconfigure BIOS

How to reconfigure BIOS

Hello,
    As a result of a virus, I had to format the hard drive of the PC, and since it is impossible to reinstall, the backup CD that I had previously burn and thus restore Windows XP. I also tried to install Windows 98 SE but when it recognized the device goes directly into Safe Mode.
    Therefore, I invested in a new hard disk western digital 500 GB sata. But the problem it is that it tells me that the bios can not remember that 137 of the 500 gB to complete the installation and set the partitions.
    For info, I will leave the characteristics of the PC:
    Acer Aspire SA80-Z97Z - Celerons D 346 3.06 GHz
    Cache L2 Installed Size: 256 KB Cache Per Processor: 256 KB
    Motherboard: Chipset: SiS661GX Speed Data Bus: 533 MHz
    Graphics Controller: Intel Graphics: SiS Mirage Video RAM: shared video memory (UMA) Height maximum allocated RAM: 128 MB, 256 MB
    Hard disk: Hard disk capacity: 160 GB HDD Interface: Serial ATA
    Rotational speed of the hard drive: 7200 RPM type storage controller: IDE, Serial ATA
    Thank you for your answers
    I feel sad for people with good imagination.

Re: How to reconfigure BIOS

I cant understand why you can not install the system backup. Either the CD is wrong, or you do not install it. And what do you mean by "it is impossible for me to do?
    The CD ie not starting? or It starts, and it fails?

If the CD does not start, in the BIOS, you can change the priority of the drive to bring in 1, your CD player, and your hard disk 2. For the history of 137 GB (I think that is rather 128 GB), put your Windows XP CD, and it will be OK.

Re: How to reconfigure BIOS

BIOS (basic input/output system) is the program a personal computer's microprocessor uses to get the computer system started after you turn it on. It also manages data flow between the computer's operating system and attached devices such as the hard disk, video adapter, keyboard, mouse, and printer. BIOS is an integral part of your computer and comes with it when you bring it home. (In contrast, the operating system can either be preinstalled by the manufacturer or vendor or installed by the user.) BIOS is a program that is made accessible to the microprocessor on an eraseable programmable read-only memory (EPROM) chip. When you turn on your computer, the microprocessor passes control to the BIOS program, which is always located at the same place on EPROM.
    When BIOS boots up (starts up) your computer, it first determines whether all of the attachments are in place and operational and then it loads the operating system (or key parts of it) into your computer's random access memory (RAM) from your hard disk or diskette drive.
    With BIOS, your operating system and its applications are freed from having to understand exact details (such as hardware addresses) about the attached input/output devices. When device details change, only the BIOS program needs to be changed. Sometimes this change can be made during your system setup. In any case, neither your operating system or any applications you use need to be changed.
    Although BIOS is theoretically always the intermediary between the microprocessor and I/O device control information and data flow, in some cases, BIOS can arrange for data to flow directly to memory from devices (such as video cards) that require faster data flow to be effective.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600