Thread: Win SP2 and SP3

Win SP2 and SP3

Hi Friends,
    Can anyone tell the difference between windows XP SP2 and SP3. I have two PC's one loaded with SP3 and the other with SP2, I'm not sure what to make of my results really, it's a mixed sort, but there is something different about the two Service Packs, something did change in the performance of my computer, but cant make what is it.

Looking forward for good replies....

Re: Win SP2 and SP3

Hey Amit,
    I think the major thing would be the security SP3 provides apart from this I don't think SP3 is supposed to give your PC's performance a big boost. It could, however improve system responsiveness (but not necessarily application performance), boot times, application startup, eliminate CPU overhead,etc... this is what i think but it does not have major differences as in XP and Vista since it is only patch we cant find the major differences through naked eyes. If any differences those will be system performance issues.

Re: Win SP2 and SP3

Most of the performances differences are so minor that they really have no statistical or real world significance. Bothering to claim one is the winner or loser, when a single point separates the two is silly. So i do agree with RMG difference at all, "if any" could be on the overall system performance which cant be measured with naked eyes.... nice thought.....