Thread: Hotkey Keyboard Error

Hotkey Keyboard Error

Hi all
    I'm using windows XP and from now i am getting this error message " Acees violation at adress 7C9109F9. Read of address 00000003 "
    Please help

Re: Hotkey Keyboard Error

Hi..
    I'll suggest you to uninstall hotkey program and then reinstall it. good luck

See if there are updated drivers for your Keyboard on the WEBSITE to which your keyboard belongs.

I'm getting the same access violation address but different protection violation address. I've just rebuilt/restored my system (software-wise), replaced nvidia with ATI, and rocked along for a month or so. I stopped logging the software I installed because the problem seemed to disappear...but it's back and now I don't know what piece uses the suspected mhotkey.exe. I'm XP pro to SP3.

IMO, this is not an insignificant problem since I got a couple of BSOD's and finally a hosed PC.

Thanks in advance for any help

Dr. V Guest

May be the unit has a limited amount of Virtual RAM to use.

Check the settings and see how much free space there is on your hard drive.

If it has very little free space, or the Virtual RAM settings are set low, then the unit will turn to Physical RAM everytime and will provide you such type of error messages

This kind of error generally occur when you ten d to download any microsoft update from a non trusted site or when you are using internet this update file get's downloaded automatically and then get replaced with the trusted one's......
    so kindly avoid such activity and download the update file from original microsoft site which you can easily find at google......

I have over 50% disk space and 4M memory so don't think that's a problem. This memory is down low in protected space. It's from Chicony, according to itself, and there's another Chicony driver playing with the keyboard, CNYHKey.exe. If I rename and kill mhotkey.exe then I can't do regedit nor open a dos command window. I forced Firefox to be the "opening app" for this program and I booted up with about 30 Firefox screens (empty). Firefox fired up everytime I did something that needed mhotkey.exe.

Is there a place where hash totals are stored for Chicony software so that I can check to see if it at least has the same hash as the righteous software?

I just bought SunBelt's Vipre and Firewall and it only checks definitions. Does anyone out there check the base software for corruption?

More. I just checked taskmanager and have plenty of physical memory left, lots of "virtual" (do you mean hard disk swap space?) and all other kinds on the performance screen.

I also am very careful about where I get my software and listed each piece in the rebuild install until just a couple of days ago. Too confident I quit that so I can't be sure what might have done it...Snagit was installed. Nikon transfer (from dig camera). Nothing that isn't certified...not this time.

Thanks.