Thread: Folder can not be opened, read or delete

Folder can not be opened, read or delete

Hi, I have a folder that contains data of 7 GB of my hard disks. now if I want to open that folder is access denied. i can't delete this folder also.
    anybody have any idea what this could be ?
    "Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death... I will fear no evil." -Psalms 23

K8N Diamond Plus (BIOS v1.2)
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+
    Antec TruControl 550W
    NVidia GeForce 7900GT (NGO v1.8466 BETA)
    OCZ Platinum 2x1GB (2-3-2-5)
    SATA: WD740
    PATA: 2xWD2500, WD1200, NEC DVD/RW

Re: Folder can not be opened, read or delete

Try the program Unlocker.
    http://www.filehippo.com/download_unlocker

Thanks man! they have read but can not remove so I can not move forward.
    "Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death... I will fear no evil." -Psalms 23

K8N Diamond Plus (BIOS v1.2)
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+
    Antec TruControl 550W
    NVidia GeForce 7900GT (NGO v1.8466 BETA)
    OCZ Platinum 2x1GB (2-3-2-5)
    SATA: WD740
    PATA: 2xWD2500, WD1200, NEC DVD/RW

Ghosty Goo™ Guest

On XP?? Gosh. Well, 2 things really-
    1. I can't think right now of a reason for this (mainly too many variables and not enough solid info). How was the folder created? What does it contain?
    2. If you don't care about the contents and simply want the problem solved as fast as possible i would suggest zapping it, it's lite, effective and very self explanatory. Just run the app from your desktop and follow the instructions, select the uncooperative folder and hit delete. In nearly 100% of times i've needed to use KillBox it's always done the business.

Now, if you don't want to lose the contents, Killbox is not for you and i'm certainly going to need a little more information regards this misbehaving folder if i'm to stand any chance of figuring out why it's locked you out!

I am also working on an assumption which one should never do- you have logged on as Administrator, right?

*EDiT*
    Excellent tool Solomon!! Goodness knows how i've missed that prime piece of kit, thank you! Most certainly had i known about "Unlocker" i would have suggested trying it first before zapping with Killbox.

*adds Unlocker to his toolkit*
    Last edited by bhaskar; 23-12-2008 at 07:17 PM. Reason: To Agree with Solomon's Suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosty Goo™ View Post
    On XP?? Gosh. Well, 2 things really-
    1. I can't think right now of a reason for this (mainly too many variables and not enough solid info). How was the folder created? What does it contain?
    2. If you don't care about the contents and simply want the problem solved as fast as possible i would suggest zapping it with KillBox, it's lite, effective and very self explanatory. Just run the app from your desktop and follow the instructions, select the uncooperative folder and hit delete. In nearly 100% of times i've needed to use KillBox it's always done the business.

Now, if you don't want to lose the contents, Killbox is not for you and i'm certainly going to need a little more information regards this misbehaving folder if i'm to stand any chance of figuring out why it's locked you out!

I am also working on an assumption which one should never do- you have logged on as Administrator, right?

*EDiT*
    Excellent tool Solomon!! Goodness knows how i've missed that prime piece of kit, thank you! Most certainly had i known about "Unlocker" i would have suggested trying it first before zapping with Killbox.

*adds Unlocker to his toolkit*
    lol, Thanks mate, all it matters is reading, rather than speeding in writing.