Thread: Replacing a DLL (mshtml.dll) by another Latest Version

Replacing a DLL (mshtml.dll) by another Latest Version

Hello,

I try to remove mshtml.dll in its 5 per copy version 6. I copy and paste, but when I checked I found that Version 5 is recovered. Does anyone could tell me how to replace it with version 6?

Re: Replacing a DLL (mshtml.dll) by another Latest Version

What I notice is that mshtml.dll is on Internet Explorer.

So is it that if I delete ie5 and installing IE6, I am installing mshtl.dll version 6 on the pc?

Quote Originally Posted by mukesh_007 View Post
    Hello,

I try to remove mshtml.dll in its 5 per copy version 6. I copy and paste, but when I checked I found that Version 5 is recovered. Does anyone could tell me how to replace it with version 6?
    Why you want to update DLL by this way ? simply install new version of software

Quote Originally Posted by darshit View Post
    Why you want to update DLL by this way ? simply install new version of software
    I need this update because I have an application developed on my PC with version6, and the server, where I should install the application there is the version 5 of this DLL what I cause problems.

Quote Originally Posted by mukesh_007 View Post
    I need this update because I have an application developed on my PC with version6, and the server, where I should install the application there is the version 5 of this DLL what I cause problems.
    The mshtml.dll file is a component of Internet Explorer. This dll file is needed by the operating system due to its tight integration with Internet Explorer. The mshtml.dll file is responsible for rendering Web pages. This dll comes with Internet Explorer so any attempts to manually replace it may fail due to versioning problems. If you have troubles with mshtml.dll, the proper way to fix your computer would be to refer to the Windows Update website of Microsoft. Just download the latest Internet Explorer version accordingly with your operating system and the mshtml.dll will be updated as well . The Windows Update website is able to automatically detect what version of operating system and Internet Explorer you are having, and therefore the right mshtml.dll file will be installed.

Mshtml.dll is a 32-bit dll file that is required by Internet Explorer. Do not delete or rename this file. Any attempts to manually update or replace mshtml.dll may fail. Instead, use the Windows Update website for getting an update for your mshtml.dll and IE. If you are having problems with older versions of Windows operating systems, check the Microsoft website for proper update downloads, accordingly with your operating system.