Thread: Operating Systems Audio drivers for Windows XP for HP Pavilion a6130a

Operating Systems Audio drivers for Windows XP for HP Pavilion a6130a

I have a HP Pavilion a6130a home PC (http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/p...518 1&lang=ru) which came with an integrated Vista windows version. Today I formatted the computer (so that i can install Windows XP) and once I installed Windows XP, I got this message saying 'there are no active mixer devices available.' As a result, I cannot play any music or go to volume control because that message pops up.

Anyway, I have tried a few things recommended on various forums but it hasnt helped at all such as
    Go to Start --> Run, and type in services.msc.

A window will pop up with a list of services. Scroll down to Windows Audio. Right-click
    and click on Properties.

Make sure that "Startup type" is set to automatic. Also, make sure, under "Service
    status," start is selected.

When I searched my computer using a program to find out the name of the motherboard in question, it said that it was unknown. Anyway, I am really unsure what I would need to do to get my sound back or what drivers or whatnot i would need to install so I was wondering if you guys could help. Thank you for your time. Is there any way to fix this problem or will this computer only work on vista? Thanks

re: Reload this Page Audio drivers for WinXP for HP Pavilion a6130a

Did you try updating your sound device?

there are many things that can couse this problem:
    1. you dont have a soundcard. solution: by one!
    2. your soundcard doesn't have its driver installed properly, or the driver is broken or you haven't install the driver. solution: re/install your soundcard driver
    3. your soundcard doesn't plugged to your computer properly. solution: replug your soundcard to the slot and make sure.
    4. your soundcard is damaged. solution: by a new one

First and foremost, thank you for your replies. I'm not a professional computer guru or anything but i do understand a bit about cmoputers and stuff.
    When I had Windows vista on the same computer, everything ran perfectly. When I installed Windows XP, the sound doesn't seem to work.
    I've tried to install the sound card through the add hardware function but it doesn't seem to work.

In regards to
    "OK we got it fixed. The plug and play software emulator had was missing.
    Fixed by searching for machine.inf then copy to temp directory. remove
    at about line 20 " ExcludeFromSelect=* "

goto control panel, add new hardware, next (let it seach), yes hardware
    is connected, next, scroll to bottom, add new hardware device, next,
    install from list, next, select system devices, next, select have disk,
    point to amended copy of machine.inf in temp directory, scroll to "plug
    and play software device emulator" in right hand column, next and
    complete install.

--
    optrex"
    I've got up to the machine.inf stage, but how and what are you to remove at about line 20 'excludefromselect=*'

DO you think if i were to re-install vista, this problem would go away? Or if i want it to play on xp, would i need to go and buy a new sound card or is there an easy solution to fix this? thanks

By the way, would you know what driver I would need to install for this? I cannot find out the name of the sound card or motherboard, but according to the link i provided in my first post, they have given the name of the motherboard that should be in this computer. thanks

Didnt your computer or laptop come with a motherboard cd which has all the system info drivers including the sound drivers that you need? And the link that you gave is just copy pasted, it is not proper, it takes to a 404 page.

Re: Reload this Page Audio drivers for WinXP for HP Pavilion a6130a

Just came up with the information from HP website. It seems to me that they dont have the proper driver for Windows XP Operating system for this HP Pavilion a6130a Desktop PC. This is the information that I got when I was searching for the sound card drivers:

If your operating system is not listed, HP does not currently have software or driver downloads available for your product for that operating system, or they are not available in the language you have chosen. To look for a driver in another language, change the software/driver language by clicking the "Change your software/driver language:" link on this page to see what drivers are available for your operating system.
    And if you want the driver in another language then go to this link (although I didnt find one ): http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...5181&sw_lang=8
    My Rig:
    Asus P5Q Deluxe Motherboard - 14000 Rs.
    Graphic Card Ati Sapphire HD 4870 Card - 19000 Rs.
    Smps Corsair 750 Watts - 8200 Rs.
    Corsair Twin 2x 2048 - 8500c5ram (800mhz) - 3000 Rs.
    NZXT Zero Cabinet - 7500 Rs.
    Pentium Quad Core Q9300 Lga 775 Cpu - 12500 Rs.
    250 Gb Hdd Seagate sata - 2350 Rs.
    Dvd Writer Samsung 20x Ide/ Sata - 1500 Rs.