Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Deleting registry value

Operating Systems

Old 09-12-2008

Deleting registry value

To solve my problem of live messenger, I proceeded to uninstall the software completely (with Add / Remove program) and I then completed the removal of all hidden files from CCleaner software.

Here is the report issued by CCleaner:

"The file located in C: \ Program Files \ Windows Live \ Messenger \ msnmsgr.exe can not be located. These references are often sidelined after uninstalling a program.

Solution: Erase the registry value. "

The problem is that I have no knowledge in this area, how do I delete the registry value? Could you please help me?

Old 09-12-2008

Re: Deleting registry value

See this tutorial: Windows Registry
Old 09-12-2008

Re: Deleting registry value

That message is composed of error ( "The file located in C: \ Program Files \ Windows Live \ Messenger \ msnmsgr.exe can not be located"), a brief description of it ( "These references are often sidelined after uninstalling a program ") and the solution proposed by CCleaner (" Solution: Erase the registry value. ")

In calling for the repair, this action will be done by CCleaner. There is therefore nothing to do, if not save the changes made in the registry (to erase later, if all goes well).(I never had to restore value with CCleaner, but it costs nothing to do and you never know).

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: