Thread: Problem dual boot XP and Vista

Problem dual boot XP and Vista

Hello all,

I have a problem with my laptop computer (Asus u3sg). There were automatically installed Vista and I wanted to install XP installed games because I realized that Vista was too greedy in resource and therefore I am 'm oriented XP. The problem is that during the installation of XP nikel it works at boot but I have no choice about what I want to boot windows and start all alone in XP.

I would like to know how to choose between one or the other?
    Maybe by installing gruss, lilo or something else?

PS: I did not have cd Vista comes with my PC so I could not try to repair or execute a command, however, I have a partition relief for reinstalling Vista but my goal is obviously to make a dual boot between Windows.

Thank you in advance for your answers

Re: Problem dual boot XP and Vista

Got a problem windows that rule in section suitable. have you already tried linux ? At least it managed correctly dual boot ...

actually install Ubuntu in my windows and I can not get there and can you tell me more about:

Your problem is that you install an OS completely autistic and unable to imagine that it might not be all alone and he must do something to allow access to neighboring countries following an OS less autistic. That's why, for example, we always said that we must install Linux after windows or breaking the windows multiboot Linux to save his own is not capable of booting Windows.
    The same thing, but with Vista You can settle your problem with a CD of vista downloaded in one, if you have a valid license, it is not really illegal.

Regarding the category, yes, go see the symbol of the forum windows. They probably have solutions for such cases. I do not think grub or lilo rule easily your problem (although it is possible, it would require more work than to restore bootloader of vista)

So basically I just reinstall Vista. Thank you for your help but yet I've done for my brother's computer and it worked very well he had pre install Vista him install XP and everything works.
    So I will reinstall Vista and I held during the event if it is the opposite start with Vista and XP
    Thank you again for your answers