Thread: Multi boot with Windows XP Professional and Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit

Multi boot with Windows XP Professional and Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit

I installed Vista Ultimate 64bits and I admit that I have some problems ... So I create a multi-boot to continue to play without problems for some games ... So here is my idea:

I intend to use 2 hard drive. The first would be partitioned into 3:

1) Partitioned with XP Pro
    2) Vista Ultimate
    3) programs, video games etc ...

The 3rd partition would be common to both OS's, I confirmed that folder "Programs XP" and folder "Program Vista" for the programs is well separated.

Then my second hard drive contains the 4 following folders: My Documents, My Pictures, My Videos, Downloads. So from each OS I lead the target on the folder so that they can also be common to both OS's.

Does all this is possible?

Re: Multi boot with Windows XP Professional and Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit

Both the OS is installed on the same partition! Separate documents of the OS, it is useful during a formatting. But applications, as in general we must relocate them, putting them on another partition is not very useful.

Actually I prefer to have all OS on a single partition because sometimes I test 4-5 programs, so I do not have to see on which hard drive I have to save. And if someone had a tutorial to create a multi-boot it would be nice.

No need of tutorial for multi-boot, it is by yourself: you install XP and then vista on another partition of the hard disk and then that's all. However if you still want a tutorial and think that this will not help you then see below link.

Dual boot Windows XP and Windows Vista

Ok perfect.

Thank you very much.