Thread: Redirect my documents in windows 2003

Redirect my documents in windows 2003

I have already been Internet spit half but I do not know a good answer to my question ...

I have an active directory launched in 2003 with VMware server and client xp. Now when I want someone to log into the domain of the client that his documents folder on the client itself, but on the server, I've been in the group policys are looking but what should I typed.

I set him as Basic, redirect ones every folder to the same location. is dit goed? is this good? or should I set him as advanced?. I would not have documents that everyone in the same folder.
    "create a folder for each user under the root path" en heb als root path "\\test\users\%username%\" I am selected, "create a folder for each user under the root path" and have as root path "\ \ test \ users \% username% \"

test is called the server, shared folder called users and% username% should also be good in my opinion, I did not have a single folder in "users", this should be?

"the specified target location is not valid" If I then apply the server gives the following message: "the specified target location is not valid"

Anybody know what I do wrong?

many thanks in advance
    AMD Sempron 2800+ @ 2Ghz
    Asus A7V8X-LA
    120Gb Seagate barracuda 7200Rpm Ultra-ATA 100
    Elixir 512mb DDR Pc3200 (Soon 1Gb)
    Club 3D Radeon 9600 256Mb
    Lite-On Cd & Dvd writer combo
    IDE-Dvd drive
    400w Psu
    Windows Xp Pro Sp2
    Advent Wireless Mouse & Keyboard.

Re: Redirect my documents in windows 2003

Okay, I got it to talk now, but if I sign up now that folder every time it synchronizes, and as I log out there is a message that it completed in sync, but I would not at all see that it syncs, but that the map only on the server and nowhere else.

someone who has a solution for this ?
    AMD Sempron 2800+ @ 2Ghz
    Asus A7V8X-LA
    IDE-Dvd drive
    400w Psu
    Windows Xp Pro Sp2
    Advent Wireless Mouse & Keyboard.

The best way to do this is to the user object in the Active Directory home directory to fill in for a share that is present on your server for example: \ \ server01.domein.local \ $ home directory at the home of the user object you choose the drive letter that should be used for the home directory eg H: and when you fill in the path \ \ server01.domein.local \ $ home \% username%.

If you're in when a user logs on your XP machine, you'll see that there is a mapping to the path \ \ server01.domein.local \ home $ \ user. For the documents to lead to this location to create a policy to the OU where the users are within the Active Directory. In this policy, go to: User Configuration, Windows Settings, Folder Redirection, and ask you the properties of My Documents. On the Target tab, select "Basic - Redirect everyone's folder to the same location and at Target Folder location you select Redirect to the user's home folder.

It has to synchronize with Offline Files and Folders, this also lets you configure a policy. This policy is under User Configuration, Administrative Templates, Network, Offline Files.

Great your solution works at all

Now no more of that burden synchronization, it works perfectly now
    AMD Sempron 2800+ @ 2Ghz
    Asus A7V8X-LA
    IDE-Dvd drive
    400w Psu
    Windows Xp Pro Sp2