Thread: Blocking windows vista after inactivity

Blocking windows vista after inactivity

My pc hangs after some time of inactivity: the screen freezes, only the mouse can move but the small round blue runs and I can not click on something . the only track that I have is that the previous day I had problems at curbing the windows pc gets stuck on stop ongoing. This has forced me to force extinction. I solved this problem by doing a System Restore and uninstalling some updates.
    any idea about these obstacles ?

My configuration:
    hp
    Intel Core 2 Duo E4400 2GHz
    3GB RAM
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    ATI Radeon HD 2400
    Just a reply to say thank you for these links and posts I have a lot to read and learn now!

Re: Blocking windows vista after inactivity

Hello I think you should do your SHIFT sp1 etc, and if the problem persists tries to repair the installation DVD of Vista.

Ps: Look at all close before the termination of your PC.

Thank you for having responded.
    How I do shift sp1? (I am heading to the Microsoft site so I download?)
    I have no installation CD vista but if I find is that the repair might make me lose data?
    Just a reply to say thank you for these links and posts I have a lot to read and learn now!

Hi, some time ago when I had problems Figes, but the problem was a new motherboard that I had to shift bios, and the hard drive that I removed the jumper who SATA1 cantons. Can you tell us the reference of your motherboard, you look if there were no new BIOS versions available on the site builder? If you say that the guarantee is expired, I guess it has always worked well, if not precise.

In short, I expect your information on the causes of the accident lol, to test your pc, if testing possible:
    Safeguarding all, is a OEM dvd vista boot or the boot partition to reinstall it
    If it not a virus (after testing resettlement), trying on a everest 4 demo, go to Tools -> tests and tries stability.

I do not know where are the reference of the motherboard. Before it as I say up the pc stuck on "stop being" the problem I've apparently settled in removing some updates that were made just before my problem. otherwise I do not see other things of interest. My biggest concern is that I am afraid of damaging something in forcing the termination of the PC.

I wanted to make a repair of windows but it did not work

Done with a full destruction of data, even if it gets stuck towards the warranty!

so I Retry good repair. it was a bit strange, there was no indication that it had market and it has not frozen (I touch wood). So I hope that my problem is resolved.

ThumbsUp Re: Blocking windows vista after inactivity

Your AT radeon video card will have a software called as ATI catalyst control center. If you dont have dual monitors in your comp, unintall the ATI utilities including the catalyst control center from the Programs and Features. This might sure help. A complete uninstallation of the ATI software and installing the updated version of it might also help you in this..
    Also if your HDD is more than 320GB or 500GB update the sata driver or the firmware and do a bios update..

also please do mention about the antivirus and the other programs running in your compter

check in the power management of your comp whether the hard drive is made to turn off after some time of inactivity.. If yes then click on it and type NEVER and click apply and save to make it not to turn off
    Last edited by yosoft; 21-11-2008 at 03:55 AM.