Thread: Microsoft Contacts v's Microsoft Office Contacts

Microsoft Contacts v's Microsoft Office Contacts

Having recently swapped to Vista I have encountered a couple of hiccups as I am still using Office 2000 Pro - This is the latest!!

I am having a problem accessing my Microsoft Outlook (2000) Contacts when trying to send a new e-mail.
    The only contacts I am able to select from are those stored in Microsoft Contacts (Vista).

Any idea how I can set my e-mail to search for contacts in the Microsoft Office Contacts rather than those in Microsoft Contacts??

I hope this makes sense.

Re: Microsoft Contacts v's Microsoft Office Contacts

Is this Microsoft Office Outlook? Is that what you're using to actually send the mail?

If so then when you're in the address book (click on the address book button on the toolbar) go to tools options and you should be able to find 'contacts' and use it as the place that Outlook checks first.

On the toolbar, type the name of the contact (contact: Person, inside or outside of your organization, about whom you can save several types of information, such as street and e-mail addresses, telephone and fax numbers, and Web page URLs.) you want to find in the Type a contact to find box.

You can enter a partial name, such as Judy L, a first or last name, an e-mail alias, display as name, and company name. To quickly open a contact you previously searched for, click the Type a contact to find arrow and select a name.

How to add the Outlook Address Book as a service to the address lists in Outlook 2000

To have Outlook 2000 use your Contacts, you must first add the Outlook Address Book as a service, then add your Contacts to the address lists. To do so, follow these steps:

1. From the Tools menu, select Services... , then click the Services tab. If Outlook Address Book is not listed, click Add... .
    2. In the Add Service to Profile dialog box, choose Outlook Address Book. Then click OK twice.
    3. From the File menu, select Exit and Log Off, then restart Outlook.
    4. After Outlook has restarted, right-click the Contacts icon, and choose Properties. (If you can't see Contacts on your Outlook bar, click the View menu and make sure there is a check beside Outlook Bar.)
    5. In the Contact Properties dialog box, click the Outlook Address Book tab, and check Show this folder as an email Address Book, then click OK.

Note: If you have subfolders in your Contacts folder and you want them to show in the Address Book, you will need to go through each subfolder and select the checkbox next to Show this folder as an email Address Book.
    This will add your Contacts to the address lists. To determine the lookup order, from the Addressing dialog box to the right of the list, use the up and down arrow buttons.

Source: kb.iu.edu

Hi emms,

Double check to make sure that "Windows Contacts" has all of it's default associations set to it.