Thread: Remote Desktop does not work on Vista computers

Remote Desktop does not work on Vista computers

I have a personal computer with Windows Vista Ultimate, and one with Windows Home Premium.

I want to remotely control one with Home from the other with Ultimate. But I am getting error: "This computer can not connect to remote computer. "

I had done this previously through the second network, but at that time the other PC was running Windows XP.

No firewall, ports are also opened, and I can ping machines. RDP is also active in the windows.

Someone have a solution to the problem?

Re: Remote Desktop does not work on Vista computers

It is only Business and Vista Ultimate that can be remotely controlled with Remote Desktop. So here you have to probably find you a different tool.
    Vista Home can remotely control other computers with Remote Desktop, but can not be connected remotely by other computers.

Is this really the fact? I am also running Vista premium on my desktop and will remotely control my wife's laptop that is also running vista premium. Will I be getting only error messages?

Can not understand that Remote Desktop to work with Business and Ultimate!

Vista Home Basic and Vista home premium is intended for home use only. Therefore, some network functionality has been removed from them like opportunity to be managed via RDP and domain registration. This is according to Microsoft functionality that is used primarily in enterprise systems.

These differences are also maintained in Windows XP platform, where the distinction between home and professional.