Thread: Back to SP2

Back to SP2

I reinstalled with XP Service Pack 3 and was happy to get my system better. But not for long enough. Soon later, the games started giving problems and I am screwed.

When I acquire and play games, I see little on the small gadgets, "cpuid"; every hour I came down to 2.4 (and then again returned to the standard).

Now I want to revert back to SP2. Is there a direct way?

Re: Back to SP2

I do not see the kind of sense in returning to SP2. If you do not get regular XP update then recommended the installation of SP3. And possibly it may happen that the new patch will not want to install.

True, it can happen that are installing SP3 some original drivers replaced with
    generic Microsoft drivers which would be a reason for your computer problem, not SP3.

Upon my opinion it is better to store all necessary data and make the installation of XP with a media that has made slipstreaming SP3, and install fresh drivers with original CD. Not to mention the mounting backlog of files after you install / reinstall and various mountings properly and defective cells in the registry. All this legacy can cause System slowdown, especially if you do not Clear after installation.

As for the CPU possibly working stroke down when there is no job but it can be adjusted. My experience says that the larger problem is with bad drivers than with SP3. Basically it is not installed already using XP installation media with built-SP3, and most often do reinstall the OS and returning saved data.

Conclusion: I'm not adept at paying SP2, the manufacturer is made with reason SP3 in which incorporate a multitude of previous patch, and the system is better in tune.

But this is just my opinion, perhaps someone has a different experience.

Re: Back to SP2

I already has been using only XP with SP2 integrated in xp, so I'm after a reinstallation does not need to add anything and never download any patches and I do not have a problem, and it works well and I have no need for a change of the sp3. No major benefit and does not have a lot of people that had problems with that!