Thread: How to edit start menu

How to edit start menu

Hello, I would like to change the game menu that appears on the right side of the Start menu, and replace it with a link to my file download. Because the saying, here on "games" is not used much, at least for me. I guess we do this all in the registry, but I dont know how to do it. A little help would not be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Re: How to edit start menu

Right click on the button and go in property and normally you can configure the menu.

No, it is not what I want. It is not available in the basic options, we have to tweak the registry to change the name and path. It remains to be seen where but.

How to Edit Your Start Menu in Microsoft Windows XP

In This tutorial we are going to use the features of Windows 98 and Windows XP since you can transform windows XP start menu to a 98 start menu. We aren’t going to leave it like that though. This tutorial will help you clean up your start menu so that you can have all programs in folders and hopefully many programs in one folder so that we don’t have a long confusing start menu.

1. Now the first thing we have to do is figure out what we want to do. I told you my goal but your goal might be different. You may want to put all your games into the games folder or you may have word, Xcell, Power Point, etc. all spaced out and you wish for them to be on one folder called Microsoft Office.

2. Now we must start editing the start menu. Right click on a blank section of your start menu on the bottom of the screen and click on properties.

3. Once you are in properties click on the Start Menu tab at the top of the box that opened.

4. At the bottom of the screen we are going to click on Classic Start menu. Then Select Customize and a new window will pop up called Customize Classic Start Menu.

5. Now select advanced at the top right and another window will popup that looks like the windows explorer window.

6. Now on the left side of the screen scroll down and select program files under start menu.

7. Now in the right panel right click on a white area and select new folder.

8. When the new folder pops up rename it to what ever you would like. If you added a new folder you can click the X at the top right corner of the box and that will bring you to Customize Classic Start Menu, click OK. Then click back to Start Menu rather than Classic Start menu at the bottom, then click OK. (Keep in mind that you can put folders inside of folders and as you will see that is what I did)

9. Now if you were using an already existing folder this is where you start. You have a nice and easy job. As for those that created a new folder this is the fun part. All you have to do is enter the start menu click on what ever shortcut you wish to move and drag it to its folder. If you are going to put it in a sub folder, drag it to the main folder first and the sub folder should pop out and then you can drop it there.

For more info see here: http://192.107.108.56/portfolios/s/s...network/h2esm/