Thread: Virtual PC and distribution of Linux

Virtual PC and distribution of Linux

Hello,

I need the following solutions: My iMac G5 -> Virtual PC -> and here my question: what distribution of Linux? Probably ask why not down distribution under the PPC, and so I toolchain to one where the architecture and compiler tools I have pre-compiled only for x86, I can not get yourself sources to compile. So I have to use compiled into the Linux x86, I do not have Mac with Intel mobo. The only thing I can do is install the distribution VPC.

This tool does not have a GUI, everything is run from the command line, I do not need a GUI overlays so well that the most efficient distribution was not looking for a replacement of OS X'sa only version where I can compile. What removed?

Re: VirtualPC and distribution of Linux

If you do not know what you are looking to always recommend what is the oldest distributions - for best support. Slackware and Debian with Linux and FreeBSD with Unix.

What are the performance differences should not be significant but Debian flabbily rises, so its charm.

The easiest way to install Debian, zero problems, simply proceed according to what is on the screen.

Re: VirtualPC and distribution of Linux

OK, on the basis of Debian. The full package is a bit shocking proportions . well that you can download the basic version of itself. On a daily basis in addition to OS X's Win or I have to deal with Linux, but the embedded version. It has 12 MB whole image and a mass of CDs, I was in shock