Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daemon Tools on Windows 7

Daemon Tools on Windows 7

Hi,
    I am trying to install Daemon Tools on Windows 7 (6801). The problem happens when installing the MSR. Normally, the installation is done in:

Installation of Daemon Tools

The problem is that After the restart, the installer again install MSR.

If someone has an idea for solving the problem (manual installation of MSR? I have not figured out how to). Otherwise, if anyone knows a program like that could operate, troubleshoot .

Thank you in advance

Re: Daemon Tools on Windows 7

Well its obviously not built for Windows 7 maybe the driver doesn't have Windows 7 compatibility, tried running the setup in compatibility mode i havn't use Win 7 yet so i guess it has a Windows Vista compatibility mode? try that.

Dr. V Guest

ISODisk: Create and edit up to 20 ISO files simultaneously!
    - Virtual CloneDrive: Get all your disk images easily!

ISODisk failed to mount the image, but it may be that I have a 64-bit version of Seven.

PowerISO seems to work. The problem is that it is paid

Daemon support Windows 7

I think Daemon won't be support for Windows 7 in early beta stage.

If you are on x86 (32bit) and want to mount up Images then just use
    http://www.slysoft.com/en/virtual-clonedrive.html

Windows 7 Review

See Windows 7 Review, to know more feature about Windows 7 the new operating system of Microsoft .

Quote Originally Posted by Dunkstein View Post
    Hi,
    I am trying to install Daemon Tools on Windows 7 (6801). The problem happens when installing the MSR. Normally, the installation is done in:

Installation of Daemon Tools

The problem is that After the restart, the installer again install MSR.

If someone has an idea for solving the problem (manual installation of MSR? I have not figured out how to). Otherwise, if anyone knows a program like that could operate, troubleshoot .

Thank you in advance
    hi

compatability mode is not working with deamontools or alcohol 120% it is just not built for windows 7. even the buildin fixing tool for compatability of windows 7 can't fix this problem. you can burn image files with the buildin image burner but you can't mount or read the image files.

Refer this thread to know the list of all compatible softwares with windows 7 Windows 7 compatible software list
    And if deamon tool is not working then refer this thread to install a virtual dirve on windows 7 Install a virtual drive in Windows 7 . Good luck
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

What we think, we become (Please don't think you are a superhero and don't try to fly)

"SUCCESS IS NOT A DESTINATION , IT'S A JOURNEY"

Just use MagicISO, ive had the sameproblem but MagicISO Supports Windows 7

Daemon Tools v4.10 has released, that is an an advanced application for multiprotection emulation, Daemon-Tools is used to RUN GAMES, NOT TO BURN THEM!!! Means emulation must be active while you want to play a game, not while burning the copy (except for you want to use DAEMON Tools´ “fastdump” feature on a safedisc protected CD). Also included is a Virtual DVDROM drive (V386 STEALTH DVDROM) enabling you to use your CD images as if they were already burned to CD! DAEMON Tools works under Windows9x/ME/NT/2000/XP with all types of CD/DVDROM drives (IDE/SCSI) and supports nearly any CD protection. It has a great features such as :

- STEALTH DVDROM is able to run nearly every protected or unprotected CD image (Safedisc®, Securom®, Laserlock®, Lockblocks® etc.) like it was the original CD! Just do an image file using one of the supported burning programs and mount it with Daemon Manager!

- If you want to run a copy protected application from an image mounted to a STEALTH DVDROM enabling the copy protection emulation(s) is NOT necessary!! And many more

Download Daemon Tools

I have it working. First I installed the newest SPTD. Then installed the newest Daemon tools. At first it didn't seem to work. It would hang on the virtual drive setup. I didn't do anything else except restart a few times. It seems to work now though. Installed software from an ISO and ran a few games off it. Works just fine for me. I hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by junkrocka View Post
    I have it working. First I installed the newest SPTD. Then installed the newest Daemon tools. At first it didn't seem to work. It would hang on the virtual drive setup. I didn't do anything else except restart a few times. It seems to work now though. Installed software from an ISO and ran a few games off it. Works just fine for me. I hope this helps.
    After following junkrocka's advice, the install worked flawlessly for me. I visited some site for the latest version of SPTD, rebooted, installed Daemon Tools Lite and mounted an image without any issues.

Good luck!

Hi Guys, this is my first post here. I just came across this forum while surfing in google with this issue. Anyways good that I came across this forum and decided to join in. I think some of you might aswell know me from other forums but anyways I shall put up a formal intro later. But for now I'd like to thank fellow members for resolving my issue. Anyways for whom the issue is not yet resolved I think they may download the latest avatar of the Daemon Tools ie. DAEMON Tools Lite v4.35.5 (with SPTD 1.62) which comes with the newest SPTD and is now compatible with Windows 7. Just downloaded and installed it on my PC and it seems to work fine on Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast