Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Daemon Tools on Windows 7

Re: Daemon Tools on Windows 7

Quote Originally Posted by sabret00the View Post
    Hi Guys, this is my first post here. I just came across this forum while surfing in google with this issue. Anyways good that I came across this forum and decided to join in. I think some of you might aswell know me from other forums but anyways I shall put up a formal intro later. But for now I'd like to thank fellow members for resolving my issue. Anyways for whom the issue is not yet resolved I think they may download the latest avatar of the Daemon Tools ie. DAEMON Tools Lite v4.35.5 (with SPTD 1.62) which comes with the newest SPTD and is now compatible with Windows 7. Just downloaded and installed it on my PC and it seems to work fine on Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit.
    The latest DAEMON Tools Lite is not compatible with Windows 7 x64.

This depends on the integrity of the application that you are using. Try to process out a clean boot. This may allow the application to start up.

* Click on the start button.
    * Type msconfig in the searchbox and hit enter.
    * Now under the selective startup tab choose Hide all Microsoft services.
    * Disable the services.
    * Restart the system.
    * Now install the application and then check out.

I can assure you that Daemon Tools on Windows 7 works fine without any problems, since I am using the same in my system with Windows 7. I guess that there must have been some problem during the installation of the same in your system. Reinstalling the software will hopefully solve the problem. If the problem persists, then there may be some error in the setup of the software.

Has anyone got Daemon Tools Lite or Alcohol 52 to run in Win7 STARTER on a netbook? I have been unsuccessful.

Download DAEMON Tools Lite 4.35.6. It supports Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP and Windows 2000. It is available for free and should work on your netbook.

What's new in this release:

- New MDX (Media Data eXtended) format supporting;
    - DAEMON Tools Windows Sidebar gadget skin selection;
    - Drag'n'drop support in Windows Sidebar gadget;
    - Added "Open Mount'n'Drive Manager on start" option;
    - Added "-help" command line switch;

Thanks for trying to answer but I want an answer from someone who has tried and either reports success or failure to get Deamon Tools Lite or Alcohol 52 to run on a WIN7 STARTER version of windows on a Netbook. I've tried many times and was unsuccesful. I won't get into the details - just let me know if you tried with this version of operating system on a netbook and whether you were successful or not. If sucessful, I'll then provide the details and see if someone can help.

First when you run the setup of Daemon tool on Windows 7 then right click on that and choose run as administrator. There is lots of bugs now detected but the version 4.35.6 is the only stable version I found. Try a trail version first. If you are trying a setup from torrent then it is not quiet a guarantee that it will work. There is a another tool in the same manner which you can use. It is called as Virtual Drive.

Everyone who is trying to help: please tell me if you have successfully installed and have Deamon Tools Lite run on a netbook which has Win7 Starter operating system - Please don't answer about any other versions of WIN7. Thanks for your help.

Hey there, I am having the Daemon tools lite running on the Windows 7 started edition and not having any issue with the same. The Daemon Tools Lite 4.30.4 (With SPTD 1.58) Compatible With Windows 7 and i have downloaded the same and now working with the same but did not got any issue like you. So i suggest you to reinstalled the same.

You can make it work well by installing the same under compatible mode that is by right clicking on the installer.exe file and then make it to install under compatible mode for Windows Xp. I hope it will then let you to get to a better conclusion and make the desired change that is necessary. So get it done and make the things to work in your way.

try the alternative tool called Power ISO. its better than daemon tools and has no compatibility issues.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12