Thread: FTP problem

FTP problem

I want to buy hosting at awardspace.c*m but I have a problem with access via ftp (in the passive mode, active did not work). Other ftp accounts are working well. It is not possible to upload files larger than a few hundred bytes. When I try to send a larger file (for example, 11KB .txt) there is like a hang the FTP client (I tried various clients with the same effect). I have access to the Internet (ADSL), divided into two computers by computer from Leaf Bering v1.2. When direct access to the Internet - without a computer from Bering - ftp works well.

Re: FTP problem

Quote Originally Posted by Phineas View Post
    I want to buy hosting at awardspace.c*m but I have a problem with access via ftp (in the passive mode, active did not work). Other ftp accounts are working well. It is not possible to upload files larger than a few hundred bytes. When I try to send a larger file (for example, 11KB .txt) there is like a hang the FTP client (I tried various clients with the same effect). I have access to the Internet (ADSL), divided into two computers by computer from Leaf Bering v1.2. When direct access to the Internet - without a computer from Bering - ftp works well.
    It sounds like the MTU might not be set correctly on your firewall. It might have to be decreased. What does ipconfig tell you about the ADSL interface?

Quote Originally Posted by JoeFrat View Post
    It sounds like the MTU might not be set correctly on your firewall. It might have to be decreased. What does ipconfig tell you about the ADSL interface?
    People frequently have MTU problems when they indiscriminately block all ICMP, too. MTU discovery requires ICMP to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco-D View Post
    People frequently have MTU problems when they indiscriminately block all ICMP, too. MTU discovery requires ICMP to work.
    I repair this. Thank you very much. I changed MTU on Windows computer - for 1452. I don't know what MTU was previously.

Quote Originally Posted by Phineas View Post
    I repair this. Thank you very much. I changed MTU on Windows computer - for 1452. I don't know what MTU was previously.
    I'm glad that you've got it working.Of course, the correct place to fix this is on the firewall.You've got your Windows computer working, but if you connect another computer to your firewall,you could have the same problem.