Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Where is my temp files folder & cookies folder?

Operating Systems

Old 05-11-2008

On Windows XP I was able to click on C:\Windows, and then there were folders for viewing my cookies and one for viewing my temporary internet files.Now I have Vista, and I can't for the life of me, find these folders! Help please!

Old 05-11-2008

Choose Tools > Internet Options from IE's menu bar Then click Settings under Browsing History. The path under Current Location shows you where you Temporary Internet Files are stored. Click View Files to open that folder. If you navigate to the parent folder of that folder
C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\Microsoft\ Windows
you won't see an icon for the folder because it's one of those protected OS things. You have to choose Tools > Folder Options from Explorer's menu bar, click the View tab, and clear the checkmark from "Hide protected operating system files". In Details view, the cookies in that folder show have Cookie:in the Internet Address column.
Old 05-11-2008

Anytime you want to locate a standard shell folder such as the folders you named, you can use the Shell: command on the Start menu. (Make sure you include the Colon ":" in the command)
Example: Click Start, type the following, and click the Enter Key.

Shell:cookies

A Windows Explorer window will open showing the default Cookies folder for the logged on user. If you click a blank spot in the Address Bar of this window, you will see the entire path to that folder. Mine shows the following.

C:\Users\Ron\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\ Cookies

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , ,