Thread: memory limitations on windows7

memory limitations on windows7

I have a video card and it is working fine and I am using it till today, I was using an integrated video card, everything was working fine except that the system is using shared memory system and I do not want this to happen, 512 MB memory dedicated is fine with me, I use 3 GB for the system so it’s not appropriate to share with graphic purposes, in BIOS there is nothing to disable or change the "Disable Integrated Video abroad detected" is on, I do not know what else to do, I manually set msconfig to use all 3GB it has not changed anything, maybe it's because I know the Starter Edition has some restrictions, but I really do not think so, the operating system starter edition has nothing to do with the video card and so on, what else could be, how to solve my problem? Please help me i.e. i am using windows 7 as my operating system. should i shift to windows vista, does windows vista also has the same problem?

Re: memory limitations on windows7

I would prefer if it would be 64-bit Windows and Linux use 18EB of memory. This limitation is very artificial. That's why all the time I’ am restricted because of this limitations. As for 32-bit version of Windows, which I had long ago stopped using it hence it's hard to remember its use. Video Cards workstation has 4 GB of them, so a 32-bit OS can not see anything. Moreover, RAM is so cheap today that 8 GB is small change to the pocket. My CPU AMD can detect up to 8 GB of sticks but why is there a JEDEC specification for DDR2, DDR3 sticks tops out at 16 GB, which is another limitation, resist. Why is 256 support sticks and dual memory support qualified for the machines cocky? JEDEC know me, I have yelled at them too. DR DS suggest memory as standard, so 16 GB can do today for a pittance if there were competition. You need 32 chips to do with semiconductors of 512 MB. See the problem is why I am so angry

Well, as you pointed out, there are size limitations on the DIMMs. As technology becomes more RAM density packages continued developing the Windows operating system is likely to increase the limits.
    Not only that, but the limitations of current bandwidth, cached sizes, etc, just not with great practice RAM. For now, people need more than 192 GB on a single computer, probably in the tens at best. So for now we don’t have much to do than to just wait and watch

Can you find the display adapter devices built into the BIOS and just off in the BIOS? Or is it disabled in the Device Manager. Is there a display option in the BIOS which is \ the first use? You can not disable the sharing of memory in Windows 7. On the desktop, right click and select NVIDIA Control Panel. At the bottom left of Information System, which will show the amount of shared memory is used for the display adapter. Right-click on the desktop and select gadgets. Run the CPU meter gadget. I think you will find that you rarely use all the physical memory, even in its current state. You stress the CPU. 3gb seems strange since it is not twice the performance of channel less than 1 GB in two sticks of 512 MB dual channel

When we begin to see the density of memory that could make those limits "restrictions" in any way. I have not laid eyes on any server board that will allow 128 GB or excess. And I did read the PDF manual, but the current density of memory, no need to have 64 memory slots - no. So, as I was saying, the density of memory makes the use much impossible so we are tied here cant do much about it as of now think we should paste our grievance on MS forums maybe they might do something

Windows 7 beta version is I widely offered on the net; I'd suggest it to you to try it, and to see how it runs. There will be plenty of RAM support offered. Of course initially we'll have troubles with drivers for Audio interfaces and controllers especially when it's a discontinued product but eventually manufacturers will catch up. MS promises better support, patches and service packs to address specific issues. They seem to do better these days in that division.
    Well, we are of course all running XP.

When we begin to see the density of memory that could make those limits "restrictions" in any way. I have not laid eyes on any server board that will allow 128 GB or excess. And I did read the PDF manual, but the current density of memory, no need to have 64 memory slots - no. So, as I was saying, the density of memory makes the use much impossible so we are tied here cant do much about it as of now think we should paste our grievance on MS forums maybe they might do something