Thread: Is Vista worth buying yet?

Is Vista worth buying yet?

HI,this is Kelsey
    I have been using XP for past 4 years and still waiting to upgrade to VISTA.
    Like many others I've been holding off buying Windows Vista until bugs etc. are sorted. but i thinks after Release of Microsoft Windows Vista Service Pack 1 Is It Worth buying it?.your feedback will be helpful.

Re: Is Vista worth buying yet?

hi,kelsey
    With the Release of Vista sp1 most of the bug in Vista are Fixed but In about a month We can expect MICROSOFT to release to VISTA sp2. you can Wait a little To check that sp2 has more offerings for you or not.

Is Vista worth buying yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
    HI,this is Kelsey
    I have been using XP for past 4 years and still waiting to upgrade to VISTA.
    Like many others I've been holding off buying Windows Vista until bugs etc. are sorted. but i thinks after Release of Microsoft Windows Vista Service Pack 1 Is It Worth buying it?.your feedback will be helpful.
    Hi Kelsey
    Yes It seems all thebugs in Vista are fixed now with service pack one. So you can go for buying it.As Noels said Visat sp2 is going to release so you can wait for that aslo. But there is one more surprise package by the microsoft in next year that is Windows 7 so think about that also. You have waited 4 years why not one more year. Anyways choice is your good luck.

ThumbsUp Re: Is Vista worth buying yet?

DON'T DO IT! DON'T DO IT! DON'T DO IT! I work for average sized computer company and vista causes us nothing but hassle. When installing a pc with vista and attempting to update to SP1 most of the machines we work with BSOD randomly, this only happens with vista, and more importantly SP1 for vista.
    Stick with XP for sure its a much better operating system and won't eat your RAM thats always good.
    Vista is a flashy way of micrsoft going WAAAAYYYYYYY GIVE US MONEY THOUGH WE DON'T DESERVE IT!!!!! WOOOOOOOOO
    *cough* sorry very frustrated lol any how if your really adamant on upgrading kick windows in the nuts and get yourself linux will take a bit of getting used to but is well worth it
    hope this helps lmao

ohmy Re: Is Vista worth buying yet?

No it is not worth it...

XP is going to be around more than 2 yrs from now
    new netbooks come with bundled xp home!!

Hey you can just try Vista with it new service pack.if you had any problem migrate back to Xp. i tried once and I am still using Vista. although its not great but its Improving Day by day with latest Updates.

just stay glued to xp. vista has lots of compatibility issues.pls dont go for vista.

Windows XP Boss of all

Nothing can beat Windows XP. If it all about visualization now with the help of additional softwares everything is possible in Windows XP. Windows XP rocks.