Thread: Vista update does not work

Vista update does not work

Hello,
    I 've given information problem with my operating system Vista Business ...
    Since a few days is the Vista update is no longer opening, so if I have the window open Control Panel, nothing will be displayed permanently and stands in the bar below that, according to the contents searched. Does not happen, the window is only using the task close. While System Restore can I start getting even a message that it now starts, but does nothing happen, the service only runs in the background. I'm logged in as an admin.

Help me !!

Welcome

Antivirus software and any firewall software ever off? Maybe because what is blocked.

It is not the antivirus and / or firewall. If I were both off, change the behavior of Windows nothing ...
    Meanwhile, even with KB956774 on malware tested, partly also update fct. prevented. Also found nothing. AntiVir also been run over the system (with the latest Config), also found nothing.

Re: Vista update does not work

Starts Windows Update because at least when new updates are available and installs them.
    What do you have because of a firewall installed?

No, Windows Update will not start. If I manually download and install updates wants to hang the installation itself in the status of preparation completed "to stop or remain hanging.
    Firewall is ZoneAlarm. I have since the beginning of my career Vista, and there were never problems, even with no updates (1 year already) and I have no update of ZA recently conducted ...

Then check it out in the list where the programs blocked or permitted. Is there perhaps a svchost.exe listed and blocked?
    In addition, please make times HijackThis log here.