Thread: My computer restarts without warning

My computer restarts without warning

Now, I have had this problem for quite some time now but has only been taken me to forward it on expert now.

My desktop computer restarts once in a while. Completely without notice. manytimes the cabinet also completely..
    It is not a software problem, as it has been formatted 1,000 times since it began, and with many different versions of windows.
    I recently changed the motherboard and it did that it now does not restart so much more as it has done, but it does still.

It comes not with some Beep during the boot and the error occurs even when the graphics are badly congested. I've tried to change the graphics card, peeled hard drive, etc.

I myself feel that it is the CPU, but would like some opinions from here.
    Think of it helps to change the CPU? or are there other things that can make it?

If you are running XP:
    You can possibly try to remove the checkmark by "Restart automatically by system"
    (Start -> Control Panel -> System -> The "Settings" at the "Startup and Recovery" -> Remove checkmark by "Automatically restart").
    So you may get a message about what the system is due to the conflict.

Another option may be to try a tune-up from pcpitstop and let them make a thorough test of the machine. Simply click the ignition key in New Members and follow the instructions.
    Last edited by Yogesh; 21-10-2008 at 07:07 PM. Reason: External Link removed

Now, I've tried to remove the check mark, and it gave the following error message when rebooting:
    Stop: 0x0000008e (0xc0000005, 0xBF8398E8, 0xF5A53A2C, 0x00000000)

Win32k.sys - Address BF8398E8 base at BF800000, date stamp 43446a58
    I do not know whether it makes any sense to you

The test drove through the pcpitstop and the only one they could find was that I had a lot of junk files available. In my trashcan and temp folder. Otherwise it was not the second.

My computer has just restarted again and this time the error message sounded like this:
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    Is about to be tired of all the restart, when the state is the only one I can play on.

Try just going to start - run - and type sfc / scannow. Then check all your windows computer system files and restoring them in pieces (you may be prompted to insert your XP installation CD on the way).

It is not the installation that the problem with. I've run before 98 and 2000. It makes it still. But may well just take the scan as a precaution.

There is nothing wrong, according to the scan. Now, I have borrowed framework of the friends computer to see if it's running flawlessly now. If not, can I exclude framework.

I get several errors. I did not get the blue screen automatically. Only after I've beaten automatically restart from.

I now hope framework has solved the problem although I doubt it.

I think it is problem with the motherboard. You've tried to remove all unnecessary hardware and the error still comes. If not it is clear that is the motherboard. Talk to the place where you bought it or contact the manufacturer. Maybe you need to have a bios upgrade.

I've tried to change the motherboard. It was then to restart a little less, but not quite. I have not been tested framework and the CPU yet, but has started with a few new testings now.

So far, running stable, but leaves it running a prime95 last night to stressing it. Running still early tomorrow, so I believe in it.

Sad and played a little vice city, and in contrast to the jagged now and then and hang in vice city, so it made it not this time ... So am little curious.