Thread: Reinstalling XP, boot failure

Reinstalling XP, boot failure

My 80GB hard drive that made me proud of property services died in yesterday ... The engine burst suddenly, it can boot more ... Logic.

In anticipation, I bought a Maxtor 250GB, which I partitioned as follows: 20 / 80 / 150 . I am trying to install windows XP

I boot on my CD, so far no problems, he asks me what I want to partition install windows, I answered the first partition C: with 20 000MB free. It installs files restarts ... And there is drama:
    - When enliven the CD to boot on. a error comes : DISK BOOT FAILURE .

Suddenly, I'm confused, I know what to do, it made three hours just trying anything and everything, without success ... I burned the iso Ultimate boot CD, but I do not see how to change my MBR for example saying boot on ID 0 and HAND (0), or that sort of thing ...

if some could please help me !

Thank you in advance.

Dr. V Guest
    If your 250GB hard is the only connected when you installed XP, it will, quite logically modify the MBR disk that allowing the boot on it

bah no ... that is why I'm heartbroken, because it's not the first that I reinstall my PC and this is the first time that I made the unpleasant fantasy

None of my HD is connected to 250GB my hand and my DVD player. MBR, I have no access ... I tried to fiddle with ultimate boot CD, and it tells me that I did not MBR.

The CD of windows is good?

As you have probably tried to reformat the partition of 20GB on which you want to install your xp? I have a friend who had a similar problem and had found this solution.

This may be linked to the AHCI config / IDE disk?

I know the solution, I run just an idea like this one never knows, is that there would be no history of AHCI or incompatibility with the HDD CM?

What is your CM?

If you wish to install Windows XP on a computer that comes with Windows Vista already installed then you will have to create a separate partition on your hard drive to install Windows XP onto. This effectively splits the hard drive into two, and keeps the different versions of Windows separate. To do this you need to open up the Computer Management screen by going to the Start menu and then right-clicking on Computer and selecting Manage.
    ----------------------------
    teff john