Thread: Installation guide for Ubantu or Linux?

Installation guide for Ubantu or Linux?

i formated my computer using the disc sanitizer.when i tried boot up with a cd r containing ubuntu it said that i needed to insert the system cd. is that because i didnt burn the cd right. what is a live cd.
    I have also visited the Ubantu site i didn't get the relevant result so please help, very frustrated situation I am going through.

response required ASAP.

This is a simple, easy way to install Linux. You follow the steps in the System Designer to choose from a bunch of different distributions and versions of Linux, and to choose what software you want included. The final product will be a fairly small ISO image (30 MB or less) that you can burn to a CD and boot from. It will automatically build your system for you, pulling what it needs from the network mirror you selected, while you sit back and relax.

Hope this helps

The above mentioned details was for installation for Linux, check this out for CDBurner.
    It sounds like you just burned the iso to a cd the regular way. Let me take a couple of steps back and help you out.

A livecd is a cd that has an iso, or an image of an OS on it. This image contains all the important information on installing a Linux or Unix OS. Also on this image is the inforamation to run the OS from just the cd alone. Similar to running it from just ram. In order to burn a livecd you need a burning program that will burn iso file. There is a great one at CDburnerXP. This is similar to Roxio except it is free.