Thread: Recovery Disk Problem in HP

Recovery Disk Problem in HP

my hp pavillion dv2530en series laptop create some display problem. due to this service people replaced the mother board in warranty. now the problem is i can't use my previous recovery disk right now and can't create a fresh disk also. If we make an fresh recovery disk means can it accepted by the new mother board setting.

Unfortunately, replacing the motherboard with a different one from what came with that computer, then that will make your recovery discs useless. Pretty much, anything that would make your current installation of XP require reactivation, will also render the discs useless.
    Those factory recovery discs are made specifically for the stock configuration of your computer. About the only thing that you can change is the amount of RAM and the power supply, most anything else will make the recovery disc into a nice coaster.

About the only way out of it now, is to purchase a fresh copy of Microsoft MCE 2005. The upside of it is that right now, it's fairly cheap, and will most likely come with a Vista upgrade, which makes it a pretty good deal actually.

Call HP. They supplied the disk, so they're the only one who will know what to do.

The only thing I can offer is steps I've used to completely format/re-install variuos HP's if you know folks with OEM XP cd's.

If you look on the case, you should be able to find the XP COA sticker. On the corner, it will have a series designation in the format of: X##. Where ## can be like 08, 09, 10, etc.etc.

If you can find someone with the proper install cd series, you can just mash it flat/re-install with their CD's and use your COA serial/re-activate.

Example- an Hp Pavillion with X09 series COA sticker.. just pop in any X09 series XP cd, boot, format/install, enter the serial from your COA sticker.. good to go.

If you can manage to hunt down/borrow same-series CD, you should be golden. Worst case will be when you try to activate it, you'll have to call Microsoft's 1-800 number, explain you've updated/reinstalled the PC and they'll give you a code to type-in, hassle free.

I am using windows vista home premium preloaded software. I contact HP several times in this regards but no reply still now.