Thread: The best player in Linux is: Amarok

The best player in Linux is: Amarok

A poll had a clear winner with more than half the votes: Amarok, despite the fact that this is an application for KDE.

The remaining votes are very divided, but stressed XMMS and derivatives, Rhythmbox, maybe because the player by default in Ubuntu, Listen and Banshee. The rest of the votes were distributed among 9 other players.

It is noteworthy that Muin was the only player which has not received a single vote.

For though it is an implementation of KDE? KDE has the best killers apps on the desktop GNU / Linux (as K3b and Amarok), and better integration between applications, with a difference.

That you have the best killer apps and better integration is highly debatable.

In any case, what I meant is that it is surprising that more than half use an application that requires them to load a bunch of things you can only use it for that.

There is no evil in the comment

More than the best is the most widely used. It must be borne in mind that there are people who like its modes and operations, tha way it organize your music and all that, but others prefer a player that only plays music (go to folder and choose what you want to hear) ... something more type in their heyday Winamp (XMMS, Audacious ...)

I use XMMS amarok because it was stripped of portage. But despite its features what I consider too exaggerated for what I want, which is just listen to some music.

I'm the only one that uses the quod Libet?

It is lightweight and comes with precise, is also editor of tags.

Dr. V Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Solomon View Post
    I use XMMS amarok because it was stripped of portage. But despite its features what I consider too exaggerated for what I want, which is just listen to some music.
    I agree with you, Amarok is very exaggerated. It consumes too much memory to keep playing music on the system tray. I always liked XMMS or BMP because it is very similar to Winamp 2, pity that XMMS doesn't have the option to minimize in the system tray.

Long time since I used XMMS, so I did not remember that it was not possible to minimize in the notification area.

Anyway if you can use to achieve that AllTray.

According to the survey that was conducted on june 5, Of nearly 400 votes is not a very high percentage. But the reality is that removing XMMS to Amarok and others have very few votes.

I still prefer Gnome and KDE XMMS. I find it very unreal, it is not as explain. While it is true that you have very good applications, such as K3b and Amarok (two works of art ).