Thread: Rookie wants to learn Mac

Rookie wants to learn Mac

I need to explain this from a Mac, how it works, referrals, software, program assistant, differences with other operating systems, it is not typical, to enlighten.

thanks.

Honestly there is nothing other than windows. But good if I say that the programs are the same or with different names, lol, in terms of system performance not you eating this resource without doing anything. Good to manage and very stable. I was a few years ago windows until I tried a mac and since that day I bought one for mine and I'm super happy. there should be money and the messenger (there are a messenger for mac but with an inferior version) with the other phenomenal.
    I hope you have helped my little walk through the system

Virtually all programs have their equivalent in mac, here are few examples:

Windows = mac
    Msn = amsn
    emule = amule
    firefox = firefox
    windows - VLC media player = Mac, Quicktime or iTunes
    wordpad = TextEdit

Large differences in terms of windows:

With the same hardware resources, while the mac to pc flies will cost significantly more.
    Install and uninstall programs is incredibly simple: Drag the folder "applications" and to remove them, simply drag it to the trash.

The windows:
    In the windows, the buttons for close, maximize or minimize are on the right. In mac these buttons are located on the left.
    With windows all the windows leading options File, Edit, etc.. In mac these options are placed on a system Fixed slash the top of the screen, i.e. not embedded in the windows. This can be quite rolling to the top if you're not a noob in the computer.

In mac to minimize a window, this is going to "dock", which is the closest thing to the Windows taskbar, as it does something similar and also by default appears at the bottom of the screen. In the dock have different icons to open multiple applications, is also the recycle bin (trash by default appears in the dock rather than on the desktop), and that is where minimized when something becomes its icon, as far as this is a "minimized window" in the bar windows.

No change is another world of operating system, but some things are changing. However, I prefer Mac to Windows thousand times. I hope I have been of some help.

Yo, I have also recently landed on the Mac. The vision is to give enough explanatory; short but direct, simple and understandable.

Thank you.
    Greetings.