Thread: This maybe the last place

This maybe the last place

This maybe the last place I'm going to find help, otherwise...I'm lost.

I have (had) important documents on my hard-drive that were erased, when somebody downgraded my pc to XP from Vista. I tried using data recovery programs like TestDisk. But from what I see it only sees the new OS files. I haven't installed anything new to the hard-drive...Is there a way?

Is it still possible to access these files? There are hundreds of pages of important writing that I need!!!!

Well, if the OS has been installed freshly by formatting the drive then there is no way you can retrieve previous data from it even if you use a third party software.

I had used such a software earlier. It was Easy Recovery tool. After formatting, I could see most of my previous data when scanned through this program. I tried to recover some data. It was able to recover the music files and I was so happy . But when I tried to recover some documents, like say, MS Word or PDF file, or pics...it could recover the file but with empty contents

You can search for this 'Easy Recovery tool' for download. (I had got it from a friend). The latest version of the program might have fixed the bugs and could be more effective now Try your luck on it.

haha...I am using an authentic version of Stellar Phoenix, I have all the files I wish to recover, hen I click recover though. A message box comes up, saying something about not having the required resources? I tried googling this but nothing came up.

okay, stellar phoenix lets me handle my files all of a sudden. but once I recover them and go to open the folder they are in, the folders are empty. This is only the case with some files, some random dll files from a printer setup or something that I accidentally recovered worked fine. So lost...