Thread: Vista License question

Vista License question

I bought a PC and had the company put both Vista Ultimate 64 bit and Vista Home Premium 32 bit in a dual boot. i removed the Vista Home premium.

I am putting together another PC and was wondering if I could use that Home Premium license to upgrade and upgrade it to Vista Ultimate 64 bit. I have the DvD and serial number, but I think it is an OEM license.

also, can someone install an OEM OS on their system if they are not a system builder and not reselling it?

Each key is designed for use on a single computer. A Single key may be installed and activated up to 10 times on a single machine (or other machine) after this 10 times you will be forced to call microsoft to explain the need for an additional install which they always grant you activation.

A preinstalled OEM license for Windows Vista cannot be transferred to a different computer.

It's illegal to use a license you purchased and still use for another PC on a second machine.

You can use the Ultimate DVD all you want. Home Premium will still be installed. Can not use a Home Premium Serial with a Ultimate install. Wont work that way. Just like you can not use a XP Home Serial to install XP Pro or XP MCE.

Yogesh Guest
    For instance, go through this discussion on Windows Vista serial key license which was asked by wazzeledozzle yesterday itself. He had the same doubt as you.