Thread: Trouble downloading a CD on to my desktop

Trouble downloading a CD on to my desktop

I have installed win 7 32 Ultimate RTM on my system , and for some reason that has persisted since the beta I have tried to insert a CD or DVD disk starts working and the system gets stuck there. I have XP on another partition and I have no problem. I googled and found similar problems but no answers. What could it be and what may be the reason behind this problem and why I am unable to download the Cd which is already burned on another system i.e. a laptop of my friend please help.

Re: Trouble downloading a CD on to my desktop

I think, a relevant error search is generally more difficult, and Google spits out absolutely anything in this regard. This is rare. You said you're logged in as Admin. I would like to think that there is no other account with you, on the protection of young people could be active? Otherwise, the time please check in detail in Control Panel -> User Accounts and Family Safety. Furthermore, just look after your in the settings of your AVG scanner. I myself have AntiVir, AVG also has determined a setting where you can set, in which risk category you want to be protected. There, the hook in applications and in games take it out and try again.

It occurred to me several times doing my job to receive the following complaint: On My Computer does not see me as the CD ROM. This problem is known and it is a long-standing bug that has a Microsoft operating system on the driver CD / DVD. The solution lies in the registry. So what I want you to do here Is that just try and edit the registry here and then see whether the settings change helps you to get rid of the problem that you are facing.

The solution I have tested and working for the operating systems Windows 2000, XP and Vista is as follows:

• Open the registry with Start -> Run -> Regedit + Enter.
    • Look for the following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ System \ CurrentControlSet \ Control \ Class \ {4D36E965E325-11CE-BCF1-08002BE10318}
    • Once you find and highlight values UpperFilter LowerFilter and delete them by pressing the "delete" key
    • Reboot and test the CD / DVD.

For those with legacy systems like Windows Xp to uninstall the device from Manager and restart the computer, but does not assure that it works perfectly. If these solutions are not going to succeed we need to see if it is a hardware failure. In this case requires action on the wiring and hardware settings the first to declare that the reader is faulty and replace.

Most of the causes of this error lies in the fact that anyone with a computer starts to install dozens of software that is accustomed to using. Perhaps not realizing that installing their favorite CD burning software, having already uploaded another, create a doubt that Windows no longer recognizes the goodness of his driver and signals as to the conflict. I hope this information may be vital for you and you can have a go at it.

To test the possibility of using this trick you need to open Device Manager. On xp you get by clicking the System Control Panel to find it later in the Hardware section. On Vista you must right-click My Computer and select Properties in the window that appears, select Device Manager from the list on the left. In the list of your devices should be under a nice CD player exclamation point.