Thread: Installation of slave disk

Installation of slave disk

I have a hdd with a record of 80 Gb with Windows XP, and I got a new record of 20 gb that with this system (Windows XP), I'd like to set up as a slave drive, I'm not sure where to put it . Where to put IDE cables.

Thanks in advance !!!

Its Simple !!

Open the computer, making the IDE cable that connects your hard drive 80 (which is great for SDI capacity discs). You should have 3 connectors, one to the plate and may be more than 2 to CD or DVD disks. One of those must be on the disc and another 80 free. If you are not looking for another free free in a second cable that is connected to another IDE cable on the plate, or if your cable is not 3 connectors and is only 2, get one, 3.
    Preocupate that jumpers disc 80 are in the master disk and 20 are in Slave. Do not use select key because one of those you starting with the strip, 20. We should build normally and XP detectarte the new record.
    Then you'll MY PC and the right button on the new format sico put in NTFS and ready.
    Just as was summed up but is equally simple and therefore you should not Teer problem. Well, some instinct also will help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Allan.d View Post
    Its Simple !!

Open the computer, making the IDE cable that connects your hard drive 80 (which is great for SDI capacity discs). You should have 3 connectors, one to the plate and may be more than 2 to CD or DVD disks. One of those must be on the disc and another 80 free. If you are not looking for another free free in a second cable that is connected to another IDE cable on the plate, or if your cable is not 3 connectors and is only 2, get one, 3.
    Preocupate that jumpers disc 80 are in the master disk and 20 are in Slave. Do not use select key because one of those you starting with the strip, 20. We should build normally and XP detectarte the new record.
    Then you'll MY PC and the right button on the new format sico put in NTFS and ready.
    Just as was summed up but is equally simple and therefore you should not Teer problem. Well, some instinct also will help you.
    Thank Allan. I'll just try it out.