Thread: Ubuntu with Windows

Ubuntu with Windows

Hello,

Some days ago,I had installed Ubuntu Linux but I had a problem, the computer because I wanted to have the Windows XP and Linux and had everything right but to ignite partitioning the computer brings me directly to linux. I want to know how to use windows and put the application cube.

Hello, congratulations on choosing to use free software, very soon you will see benefits beyond the graphical environment you mention.

Inform you that the only thing to make a quick and clean installation of ubuntu is to have the installation disc Normal: http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/download

Now, depending on your setup disks, I can:

-- I recommend a 80 GB HD at least, so you can leave 3 partitions, (20 Gb Windows, Ubuntu 20 GB, 40 GB partition Backup / Media / Exchange).

-- If you have a single partition, defragment as much as possible for a better partition.

-- If you have already partitioned the disk into 2 parts, defragment the biggest, but leaves at least 15 gigabytes free on a partition for a good facility.

Once ready, You can partition your hard, for example by Partition Magic.

Now, you only need to install ubuntu in the partition that created. Voila, now entering boot configuration on the options and choose the operating system by default.

The effects of the cube is activated only if the CD has ubuntu drivers for your card. If neither is the case, look for and install it.

Hello, the latest version of ubuntu, 8.04 brings a practical installer (Wubi) that runs from Windows and that does not require to create partitions.
    Te story as I did:

-- Download and burn on a CD image of Ubuntu.
    -- Being on Windows execute the installer from the CD. We asked some parameters as to what unit installed, the space you might notice to Ubuntu (minimum 4 gb think) and entering a username and password.
    -- After you give and to accept continuous installation. At the end asks you to reboot. Now you'll have to boot the option of choosing Windows or Ubuntu.

To remove one need only go to install / remove programs from Windows

Disadvantages:
    -- You need to know in advance the space requirements
    -- Some users noticed a decline in performance (but I personally have not noticed)