Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Folders opening slow in Windows Explorer - Windows Vista

Re: Folders opening slow in Windows Explorer - Windows Vista

It can be a virus infection. Update your current antivirus and scan your system. Also check for any malware or adware running some anti-malware application. Also try different antivirus software for better security.

well, i don't really prefer norton, but i scanned a deep analysis scan with my avg anti-virus and there were 3 viruses, but it deleted them. next, i used my tuneup utilities 2009 to defrag my drives, and now they show that they are only 2% fragmented, so i don't need them to defrag, and it also cleans up all the useless temporary files and everything that the disk cleaner does, but the problem still persists. i read a forum where someone had somewhat the same problem on windows xp where he renamed the windows folder in the local folder where mine was c:\users\profile name\local settings\microsoft\windows . where i renamed the windows folder with windows_old, but it still didnt work. i will try to scan my pc with another anti-virus, but i am pretty sure that mine avg did the job alright. and its not a free version.

I have been suffering with impossibly slow folder opening times for months and I've been tearing my hair out to find a solution. This morning..I think I did. Simply switch off the Windows Search service (check in Services). I have seen -not just an improvement - but a dramatic change in response times.

I sure wish I could bill Microsoft for the time I've wasted trying to get their pos software to do the most simplest of tasks. But I guess it's my own fault for using Windows

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12