Thread: End Program ccSvcHst Program not responding

End Program ccSvcHst Program not responding

I get this message when i shut down.

End Program ccSvcHst Program not responding
    What can i do?

CCSVCHOST is the Symantec Service Framework Executable and is needed for the Symantec/Norton stuff to work. I'd suggest uninstalling your Norton product and then reinstalling it. Some will also recommend the use of the Norton Removal Tool as the intermediate step to ensure that all the badness is gone (before reinstalling).

My current version IS 2.3.1.4. My ccSvcHst error went away for half of a day; then returned in full force. I also still have Word, Excel, Outlook, etc. .exe files remaining live (as listed in task manager) long after I sent them to bed. I am beginning to think my years of dedication to Norton are dwindling to end.

I have recently installed norton 360 & "Startup Inspector" to help manage things on start-up. I really don't think the "Startup Inspector" program is the problem, but just wanted you to know what I've done recently.

I too have been having the same problem on 3pc's in the home, 2 on xp with the ccSvcHst.exe problem and one on vista is the doing the same but with the rundll32.exe. I have tried to do everything to resolve this and am absolutely getting fed up with it, the digging around to find info and solutions alone. I also noticed today after being uptodate with all the live updates on regular basis that these files have now been blocked and you need to manually manage firewall to allow them.....also found this interesting http://windowssecrets.com/2008/05/22...-security-apps and this seems to be what it is doing again.......anyways, I am very tired of it and ready to leave my years of dedication with norton as well. Fast fixes and remote assistance.....had enough sorry....

I had an on-line chat with a Norton Tech Rep yesterday. I authorized him to "take over" my computer while I watched what he did. (Pretty amazing watching) After about 30 - 40 minutes he had it fixed AND my computer is running faster.

Thanks again for your input.

Quote Originally Posted by LEENA View Post
    I had an on-line chat with a Norton Tech Rep yesterday. I authorized him to "take over" my computer while I watched what he did. (Pretty amazing watching) After about 30 - 40 minutes he had it fixed AND my computer is running faster.

Thanks again for your input.
    Hey its good to see you solved your problem, I will also try to contact Norton!
    Thank you!