Thread: Installing Vista again on Hard Disk

Installing Vista again on Hard Disk

I want to format my HDD, but installing Vista & all the current required programs will be time consuming for me. I want current one to be available for me. Therefore i was planning to install second Vista on the drive then after comlplete installation of the requires applications & programs i will DELETE the OLD Operating System.
    Now i want to know from you guys that is this possible? Is it a better idea?

What i can suggest you is install new VIsta OS on another partition of your Hard Drive. This will give you the option to use both the OS (new & old). When you willl get your newly Installed Vista up to date with all required applications installed You can format the Other Hard Drive with your old Vista ie. no longer required to you.
    NOTE:- You can't install two operating syatem on the same drive You need to have different partitions on your drive.

Hey thanks for the prompt reply.
    Currently i have no partition on my hard drive.
    Its only C: drive complete hard drive. No other partition i have. Now if i want to make partition Do i need to format my hard disk completely?

You can create a new partition on your Drive with the help of disk management feature in Vista. No need to format your Hard Disk completely to have a second partition. You can resize your Hdd partition.

The OS currently installed on your drive is already on an active partition you have on your Hard disk. You need to shrink that partition with disk management & add your second partition after that.